• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gigabyte X79-UD3 Boot Problem

chrisloudon

Established Member
Ok Troops, I hope someone can help.

I have an issue that's just started with a PC that I've had for a couple of years built by Scan as one of their 3XS overclocked bundles.

Specs as follows:

i7-3820 3.6Ghz Clocked to 4.3Ghz
Corsair H100 cooling
2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD's in RAID 0
16Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 Ram (sorry can't remember the specs but XMS Profile 1 being used)
Gigabyte X79-UD3 Revision 1 Mobo with latest BIOS F20
EVGA GTX 780ti Graphics
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

The problem:

Whenever I cold boot the system it POSTS then bumps me to the BIOS setup screen whinging about a boot failure and incorrect BIOS settings. This is not to be confused with the boot failure due to overclocking that can also occur if you push things too far, which i don't.

I then enter the BIOS, change nothing then save and exit. I do this one more time and then the PC boots just fine into Windows and is solid as a rock for as long as its on, usually playing a fairly demanding game at max or ultra settings for a few hours.

Selecting 'Load Optimized Settings and Reboot' also has no effect, neither does running the CPU at stock.

All BIOS settings set to auto except for SATA RAID iRST, Memory Profile 1 for XMP and a multiplier increase to 43 but this was all done by Scan on purchase and has worked until now.

My PC is either ON or OFF as i don't use sleep or hibernate. I noticed a while ago that trying to put the system to sleep cause a boot loop which seems to be known issue.

Again, once in Windows the system is solid as a rock and runs like a treat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

chrisloudon

Established Member
P.S. It also happens on reboots too.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Have you tried replacing the small battery on the motherboard?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom