Gigabyte P25X v2 Gaming Laptop Review & Comments

haha review goes up the same day as mine arrived. I'm kind of glad it got a reasonably good review.

I haven't had chance to use it much yet, as it got it late last night and was installing games etc.

The screen seems very sharp and bright, certainly more than my old msi gx740, but i noticed some odd bluring within the steam UI, not sure why, the drivers might just need updating.

The main issue is it runs hot, a lot hotter than my gx740, which makes it a little uncomfortable to leave on your lap whilst sitting on the couch, which is how i used my gx740 for gaming.

The trackpad is also a little difficult to use, the buttons need some pretty hard presses to see.

Hope you enjoy it as it's a beast for gaming.

Shame about your trackpad issue as the review sample I had worked all ok and the buttons were very easy to press.

Regarding the blurry UI, this may be down to the occasional bug I've seen where the dpi is messed up.

Right click the steam application, go to properties, then the compatibility tab. Then tick 'disable display scaling on high dpi settings'. That should cure the issue.

As an expat living in Italy and I wanted a portable machine that I could take it back to the UK whenever i return. I also (even pre Italy) enjoy playing casual games whilst watching tv in the living room relaxed, rather than sitting behind a desk, as per work.

I am assuming as a review sample, its has probably been around a few other reviewers. Maybe this is a good sign that the trackpad just needs some use and it will lighten up over time.

Thanks for the tip on Steam, will give it ago.

Last edited:
Yes, it had been to at least one person before me as the last reviewer left all his stuff on it. :)

Tonight I want to find out if they have locked it down, so that you can't install the generic nvidea drivers, a tendency that i hear is returning to the market.

I can confirm they haven't locked it as I installed the latest drivers from Nvidia before doing any testing.

Great.

The multi touch track pad is driving me up the wall, windows constantly minimising on me, think I am going to need to turn that off before I throw it out of the window.

Great.

The multi touch track pad is driving me up the wall, windows constantly minimising on me, think I am going to need to turn that off before I throw it out of the window.

Sounds like you are having a right 'mare with the touch pad!

Seems the buttons are getting softer, which is good.

After tapping, pressing and swiping for about 5minutes trying to work out what triggers the problem I found it.

On the left hand side of the trackpad, if you swipe from the middle edge inwards it is effectively doing an alt+tab. Now not sure if I want to keep it on or work out how to disable, if leave on I need to make sure I stay away from that end of the track pad, which is unnatural due to the position of the pad. If it was 1 or 2 cm to the left it would be much better.

Don't you have to pay £40 for powerdvd14?

Shouldn't you mention that on the review, since it is a pretty major outlay on top of the laptop.

I think you will find I did mention that the system only came with PowerDVD10 and it would be nice if they included a Blu-ray playback software.

Yeah I know, I just read it as you could download it without cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom