Quantcast

Gigabyte faulty 1080ti customer service.

basserphil

purchased a gigabyte 1080ti under 2 years ago. playing a computer game one evening , the computer completely died, i assumned it was a faulty psu so purchased a new one, didnt help so purchased a new motherboard, didnt help, purchased a new cpu, ok computer now started up, then i put in the 1080ti, motherboard debug stated faulty vga , i contacted Gigabyte and after paying £25 return postage costs, i sent the faulty card back for inspection and repair.
6 weeks passed, i purchased a amd570 as a standby, will sell on when new card arrived, was prepared to take the loss!
finally 1080ti arrives , i put it into my new build, bebug shows faulty vga, remove and reseat the card, restart pc.........pc is dead, turns out cpu and motherboard are dead, this is too much of a coincidence , and no im not going to be able to play half life alyx when its released.
i have been in constant communication with Gigabyte support, they have been prompt replying and are collecting the faulty card today, head office has asked and recieved photos of the damaged cpu and motherboard ( second lot) to ensure no burn marks from faulty psu!
corona virus hits and i have to buy a new motherboard and cpu £449.
Im hoping Gigabyte do the right thing and compensate me for 3 cpus and 3 motherboards, psu and loss due to amd graphics purchase.
i have politely asked them to send me a New 2080ti as compensation, as im sure trying to get money from them would be a real pain?
I have asked Gigabyte to send me back the vga card after they have inspected it, as i will need it to get an independant engineers report done if legal trouble is in store?
This post will be updated as Gigabyte support deals with me.

Last edited:

basserphil

its a 600 watt evga 80 plus bronze, recomended specs for cpu and 1080ti is a good quality 450watt upwards psu.The first was a evga 600 gold fully modular, i couldnt afford another one of these and wasnt prepared to try it in my new build, even though it may of being working perfectly.

Last edited:

basserphil

Assume you’ve tried it out of the case with just the cpu,man board one stick ram?
my new build is working perfectly now, im not going to test anything just in case, as im in discussion with Gigabyte, i want to make sure im doing everything correctly, to be fair Gigabyte have been really good, but im unsure that the card they sent back to me was correctly repaired? If it was faulty it has cost me in excess of £1400, and i still dont have a decent vga card.