1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabeat distortion

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GizmoPower, Jul 5, 2005.

1. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, first post for me.

I have bought the 60gb Gigabeat and love the look / feel etc, but on anything other than flat EQ, the sound distorts, particulary if I try to add ANY bass whatsoever.

Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, is it something that can be fixed with a firmware patch, or does it point to an underpowered amp?

thanks.

2. rp92

rp92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you try to determine whether the problem is the source (the Gigabeat itself) or the headphones/earphones/speakers you're using ?

I would suggest to try different headphone/earphones or to connect the Gigabeat (if not already done) to the amplifier of a home stereo and see whether the problem persists or not.

Peppe

3. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, sorry - I should have elaborated a little more.

I have tried it with 2 sets of full size headphones and still get the same problem.

Having looked at the forums on www.mygigabeat.com it seems like its a pretty common complaint from users.

Thats pretty worrying - the flat EQ simply doesn't provide enough body to the sound.

4. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gizmo

I have an F20, and have to agree that flat eq is best, but i do listen to some music using SRS WOW 1.
    I'm hoping that some sort of firmware update will sort out the other eq settings.
    Not much help i know, but your not alone in thinking that (in this isntance) flat is best. :)