• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gibson Les Paul Standard

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
You're probably right but given the amount of dust I had to clean off the case to take some pics...

dmpoole

Established Member
You have thought about how much you're going to regret this in the not to distant future haven't you?:eek:

I sold mine last year along with a Yamaha SG2000 and 1979 American Fender Stratocaster but I haven't regretted selling them one bit.
I now have two guitars that completely wipe the floor with any of them, feel totally comfortable in my hands and have made me play better - I have two James Tyler JTV-59s..
I bought the first and broke a string halfway through a gig so picked my Les Paul up and it felt like a toy compared with the James Tyler.
Two weeks later exactly the same experience but with my Yamaha SG2000 and at that point I decided I had to get rid to finance a spare JTV59 and not one regret.
I didn't need to sell all 3 guitars but I don't need them anymore.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Ah OK - I was mulling it over. I've always wanted one, but like you, the chances are it would be gathering dust as my playing is getting less and less ....around once a month these days!! I'll keep mulling it over :)

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Stop convincing me :)

My other concern though is getting a chance to try it out before splashing out a fair wedge of cash on it. Being based up in York I can't see how I can "try before I buy". You ever up this neck of the woods?

I bought a Strat blind in the past, and that worked out OK mind!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom