1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gibsoft.com s-video GameCube / Plasma hook up

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JaseyJay, Aug 28, 2002.

1. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered an s-video cable to connect my plasma to a GC from Gibsoft.com about 3/4 weeks ago. They said it was sent recorded delivery but I have never received it. Numerous e-mails still not got a response. looks like a tenner down the drain.

Anyhow anyone know of where else I can get an s-video cable to connect a Gamecube to a plasma.

Cheers

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look in Dixons or PC World mate... They sell S-Video Monster Cables (generally regarded as the best brand for gamers) for £39.99. IMHO you are better off importing a component cable for your Gamecube... OR (even better ^_^) invest into an imported Gamecube if picture quality is a must. These babys support progressive scan and would look awesome on your plasma.

3. Choddo

Choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Pelican s-video cable that you can have for a fiver. pm me if you're interested.

But NeoBlade's right

Oh, is your Gamecube a UK model? If so, they don't support s-video.

C

4. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies,

I've got a uk PAL version - birthday present - I thought I could connect using s-video and not component.

Can anyone confirm how I can connect a uk GC to a plasma.

cheers

5. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The UK Cube does not support SVHS.
    The leads are available to buy in the shops I know but they were made before the final spec of the UK Cube was announced and they wont work with it,only with an imported machine.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Component Video (Best) or Composite Video (Worse).

Alternatively, your Plasma may have come with a video switching unit that allows RGB Scart hookup? If so, then use the PAL RGB Scart Cable.

7. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the component input on the plasma for the DVD, thats why I thought I'd use the spare svideo slot.

Could I connect both the DVD and the GC to the component inputs on the amp and use that as a video switch? If so where can I get a component cable for the GC that works with the PAL version?

TY

8. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can use a suitable amp as a video switch with no probs. As for the cable they are only available via import sadly but there are quite a few sites that stock it. I personally bought mine from www.lik-sang.com since they always have stuff like this on sale, but they are based in HK so shipping could cost a bit depending on the weight. Other places like http://www.tronixweb.com/gamecube.html have it as well and should work out as £26 odd. Well worth the cash IMO but would be even better with an import GC.