1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giant Killer T752

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by justthekiddy, Jan 8, 2004.

1. justthekiddy

justthekiddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have had the opportunity to listen to some real high-end home cinema setups- Naim AV2/ NAP500/ Dynaudio Confidence 5 etc. and I have to say that when you get into this league you might as well not bother going to the cinema!!

Unfortunately I haven't got that sort of cash available to spend, so I bought myself a NAD T752 with M&K K4's at the rear with Dynaudio 122c at the centre and I am currently testing some dynaudio 52's for the stereo pair. The RRP of the NAD was £599 (my deal from audio excellence was significantly below that...) and it beat other significantly more expensive amps, they had in the shop hands down/ no contest. I certainly wasn't going to come out of the shop with anything else.

My test track is 'DESIRE' from U2: live in boston - when the drum starts pounding the whole house vibes with it!! HEHEHE :D

The amp is easy to use and set up and has a lot of power for the quoted 80 watts. The Nad is able to give a massive sense of space and you dont get the dreaded 'That sound comes from that speaker' effect. My advice is demo one now, and buy tomorrow.

I have now upgraded it to 7.1 with a NAD c370.

The point is those that buy NAD don't go back. T762 anyone?

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    I agree NAD are a great brand, very musically-orientated, and I always lean towards their product. Of course, it is our opinion and I'm sure some will disagree! ;)

3. RobDickinson

RobDickinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +734
    The ol' T751 was basicaly the same (but slightly inferioir) to the Arcam AVR100 - made in same factory etc.

This still true for the T752/Arcma xxx?

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Folks
    I owned my nad t752 for nearly a year and have always stressed on this forum if music matters as much as movies go and get the nad for 500 notes i doubt you would find any receiver to better it with music imo of course.
    Cheers Gonzo.

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    Better than any amp in the shop? You mean they don't do any higher end kit? I find it difficult to believe that a £600 MRP integrated could compare to one of the flagship integrateds or a pre/power combo...maybe I'm taking your comments too literally, but it does frustrate me when people make such wild sweeping statements...

6. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am the owner of the T762, and can say that this machine is just fab. It Drives any speaker load without any probs at all. Infact it have a huge toriodal Power supply within. Great flexibility, connectivity etc.

Yes, in stereo mode, they do compare with high end models! One plus factor is that NAD do real world ratings to its power AMps example the T762 is rated at 100W* 6 at 8 ohms! Which few receivers at that price manage to deliver taht kind of wattage!

Attached Files:

• nad.jpg
      nad.jpg
      Size:
      54.4 KB
      Views:
  7. justthekiddy

justthekiddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beleive me the shop i deal with sell a lot of high end kit. £20,000 dynaudio evidence etc. The point was that for 500/600 quid it could quite easily beat integrated amps such as the denons etc. This isn't a sweeping remark, only I know which one sounded better. Price does not always equal quality - listen with your ears and not the price tag. Admittedly the 'good' high end kit is quite a bit ahead, but i can live that!

8. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I feel you just have to ask yourself how much your prepared to pay to get the quality you want. I'm happy with the level of sound I get from my kit (which includes a Denon Amp)and I do not have a bottomless pit of cash lying around. If I did then I certainly would look at higher end kit and believe that the performance/functionality gained would certainly outperform any budget system on the market. The fact that the T762 performs admirably for a £600 piece of kit is off course great but saying it's comparable to kit >£20,000 is a bit hard to believe. Either that or your hearing is not up to the job of noticing the difference in which case you should stay with a budget system :)

also I don't think a company selling kit at >£20,000 that doesn't out perform a £600 amp would stay in business long:eek:

9. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Unlike the NAD products, which DO go back......to be repaired. :suicide:

10. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Agreed.

11. justthekiddy

justthekiddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a feeling someone would bring that up..... and its all down to the wallet in the end.

12. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which brand does not have a certian amount of failures in there product range? At least NAD, do support their customers with a very good help line service! Within my setup I had a T750, a T751 and now a t762 plus a c540 and a t531 and all work and worked well, without a hint of Problem. When you reach certain refinement within a product, for example the T763 or the Higher end model the T773, the gap between the very high end to the high end models gets even closer and closer. I mean, you will start paying a large amount of money for a very low increase in performance!

NAD had always focused most were it mattered. For example the most expensive part in a receiver is the Transformer within the power supply section. Other base there marketing hype in quoting the amount of formats being suppoerted by the DSP and DACs used! While when tested in real test environments, they fall shortly out of power when all channels are driven together! While NAd Receivers always honour the manufacturer Power rating!