Ghostwire: Tokyo

This looks bonkers and will throw up many wtf moments, hopefully the combat is fun, looks limited atm, but we'll see..

All I could think while watching this at the time was - PSVR2

I like it, looks creepy and the combat reminds of Naruto with all the hand movements

PSVR2 will be nice, but I'm hoping I can still plug my current PSVR into the PS5

PSVR2 will be nice, but I'm hoping I can still plug my current PSVR into the PS5

Compatibility is already confirmed.

I think PSVR games are going to get a nice boost on the new console which will help us get another year or two out the current headset.

I don’t see PSVR2 happening before Christmas 21.

Looks like hair is still one of the biggest challenges for developers to get right. Unless that little girl is supposed to look like she dipped her head into wet clay...

Looks like hair is still one of the biggest challenges for developers to get right. Unless that little girl is supposed to look like she dipped her head into wet clay...

Tbh whilst this game looks like it’ll be a blast it doesn’t really look that nextgen.

Doesn’t seem to be much interest in it but there’ll probably be even less now it’s been delayed to “early 2022”. Was set for an Autumn release.

1626197305531.jpeg

So this game is coming out soon hopefully, its a PC and PS5 timed exclusive made by Microsoft owned Bethesda. So I wonder if it will be on PS5 and PC GamePass on day 1 ? (not on Xbox GamePass though)

PC Game pass is still an Xbox game pass but your playing the PC version of Xbox games so until the 1yr PS exclusivity is up whenever that ends up being it won't be on the service at all , It will be day one on PC but you're going to have to buy it.

Last edited:
I don't think that's correct, some of the games on PC game Pass don't have Xbox versions. There is a lot of overlap but there are PC only titles so that's no reason to not have it. It would still be a console exclusive as it wont be on Xbox.

Total War: WARHAMMER III for example is PC only - I think I may yet not be having to buy it.

Last edited:
I don't think that's correct, some of the games on PC game Pass don't have Xbox versions. There is a lot of overlap but there are PC only titles so that's no reason to not have it. It would still be a console exclusive as it wont be on Xbox.

Total War: WARHAMMER III for example is PC only - I think I may yet not be having to buy it.
PC Game Pass is still xbox game pass for PC so I just cant seeing a Sony exclusive being on it because then its not an exclusive, similar to how Deathloop hasn't been on there either even though its a Bethesda game and out on PC too.

Yeah you could be right, we only have one example to go on so far and that didnt go to GamePass, but its down to what contract was created at the time. Fingers crossed we get it if not this should be the last one thats not day one.

Brand new showcase.

Looks fantastic
I'll be honest - I actually think it looks a bit shite. Think it'll get old very quickly, but will be very happy to be proved wrong.

I'll be honest - I actually think it looks a bit sh*te. Think it'll get old very quickly, but will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Yeah I think its going to be a case of its for you or its not

The combat looks fun and I'm loving the hand movements, especially the binding spell.

But sure, we'll wait and see

I really liked The Evil Within but I wasn't so keen on The Evil Within 2. I thought the linear nature of first game worked better than the semi open world of the sequel, so I'm a bit cautious about Ghostwire. For a PS5 only game, I think, it doesn't look particularly next gen either, nothing the PS4 couldn't do really. In any event it's probably a game that can wait a few months before getting it, if I ever do, with all the other stuff releasing over the next couple of months. Maybe in the Summer when new releases are thin on the ground.

Last edited:
I'll be honest - I actually think it looks a bit sh*te. Think it'll get old very quickly, but will be very happy to be proved wrong.
Gameplay looks very repetitititititive. 👀

Reviews are out now. It's done OK score wise, mostly 7's and 8's with the odd low score. These 2 reviews are a good example. I watched a livestream yesterday and to me it seemed a bit meh! It didn't really make me want to buy it straight away.

Not for me, but each to their own :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom