Ghosts ???

davemackenzie

Hey Folks, im sure this hasnt been mentioned before, but here we go....

I dont believe in ghosts, afterlife or god etc, but ever since i moved into my 300 yr old cottage in august last year there have been some very strange things happening, theres the usual creaky noises which we cant help (hot pipes etc) but theres some odd things happening, something in the house (dont say the word ) likes playing with candles, we have a stair case with candle sconces which hold candles but they usually end up being placed somewhere else, now im a bit ''tripped'' out at the mo because half hour ago i was playing on guitar hero 3 (as you do!:D) and went back into the bedroom to get ready for sleepy time, but noticed theres a blooming candle right in the center of the room on the floor, now unless the mice in this house are on steroids, i dont have a giraffe whats going on!!!!
Has anyone else ever had experience of strange going's on in their homes?

Dave:smashin:

Sonic67

Banned
1.gif

BAN5HEE

Get that looney toon Derek Acorra from most haunted to come and check it out. I would glue the candles down with industrial strength glue.

Nimby

Distinguished Member
I knew somebody who used to lay an extra place at the table in an old cottage because the ghost would start banging about if she didn't. There were occasions when they were sure there was somebody in the room but couldn't see anything. By a strange coincidence a friend bought the place years later and never noticed anything unusual at all.

Some mediums are strangely sensitive to objects. I'm not talking about the people who produce funny voices of the dead for money.

Infrasonics have been blamed for "ghosts" but where there is no traffic, trains or wind I can't see how they could be generated. Low frequency traffic noise can be re-generated at a distance in certain spaces. Some rooms longer than 25 feet seem to be rather prone to it.

Rats, mice, bats and birds are all very easy to recognise for their sounds. Hot water pipes sticking and then letting go suddenly can be a source of odd noises. As can air in old plumbing. Some cats have a habit of staring intently at invisible objects.

It may be that ghosts are something one senses indirectly. Much like UFOs. Perhaps it's a time-related issue to which only a few members of the general population are particularly sensitive. Glimpses between parallel universes? Or fleeting figments of the imagination?

Singh400

Distinguished Member
I knew somebody who used to lay an extra place at the table in an old cottage because the ghost would start banging about if she didn't. There were occasions when they were sure there was somebody in the room but couldn't see anything. By a strange coincidence a friend bought the place years later and never noticed anything unusual at all.

Some mediums are strangely sensitive to objects. I'm not talking about the people who produce funny voices of the dead for money.

Infrasonics have been blamed for "ghosts" but where there is no traffic, trains or wind I can't see how they could be generated. Low frequency traffic noise can be re-generated at a distance in certain spaces. Some rooms longer than 25 feet seem to be rather prone to it.

Rats, mice, bats and birds are all very easy to recognise for their sounds. Hot water pipes sticking and then letting go suddenly can be a source of odd noises. As can air in old plumbing. Some cats have a habit of staring intently at invisible objects.

It may be that ghosts are something one senses indirectly. Much like UFOs. Perhaps it's a time-related issue to which only a few members of the general population are particularly sensitive. Glimpses between parallel universes? Or fleeting figments of the imagination?
You sir, have wayyy to much time on your hands. The rest of us make short quips and you come out with a long winded explanation?! :D

Nimby

Distinguished Member
You sir, have wayyy to much time on your hands. The rest of us make short quips and you come out with a long winded explanation?! :D

All true, I'm afraid. This is my only chance to natter about the existential in English. Sharing ideas, information and experience is our unique basis for human progress. Cows and sheep must rediscover the delights of fresh grass every time they wake up. It is no wonder they can't hold a decent conversation. Though, god knows, I've tried. ;)

davemackenzie

Most haunted is one of the most funny shows on british tv, i just love that episode where that scouse fraud pretends to be posessed and he says ''mary loves dick'' it added even more fun with the scouse accent, but people never realised its fake because every ''ghost'' that posessed him had a scouse accent:D

johnny70

our hotel is haunted, can get very creepy, I dont believe in god etc but i do have a wish for an afterlife, double standards:)

JOHNNY

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
A candle, or any object for that matter, being left in the dead centre of the floor is coherent with that of poltergeist activity.

jerryfb

A candle, or any object for that matter, being left in the dead centre of the floor is coherent with that of poltergeist activity.

I leave stuff lying on the floor all the time.

jerryfb

Then you need to go to the light now, leave these people alone, you had your time ! :rotfl:

If my wife called Derek Acorah for every pair of pants :eek: Tonights Most Haunted, is this suburban house in Brighton is troubled by the restless spirits of gadget buying fanatics? How did these pants mysteriously appear. Where did the damn car keys go? It can only be one thing. Poltergeist!

Diane: You were saying about poltergeist.
Dr. Lesh: Poltergeists are usually associated with an individual. Hauntings seem to be connected with an area. A house usually.
Marty: Poltergeist disturbances are fairly short duration. Perhaps a couple of months. Hauntings can go on for years.
Diane: Are you telling me that all of this could just suddenly end at any time?
Dr. Lesh: Yes, it could. Unless it's a haunting. But hauntings don't usually revolve around living people.
Diane: Then we don't have much time, Dr. Lesh, because my daughter is alive somewhere inside this house.

steptoe

yup its a ghost or haunting nothing to worry about .i worked in a pub the ghost didnt like the mirror where it was :confused:. so it kept putting it on the floor so i got rid of the mirror not a problem .it didnt like the pictures straight either got fed up straightning them so just left them crooked.it left us more or less alone after that.i agree with johnny70 it can get creepy.but going on goverment statistics no people were killed or injured by ghosts last year(go on prove me wrong)but i believe the living made up for it. probobably killing someone every second :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022