Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Ghosts when using RGB Scart on 17" LG?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DragonQ, Jun 11, 2005.

1. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Widescreen 17" LG TV (which according to the LG website, doesn't exist :p). When I plug my Gamecube directly into the SCART Socket using an RGB Scart Cable, the picture has ghosts and also artifacts simlar to those you get when using Anagolue R/F Cables.

The ghosts are quite noticable and are not "smearing" ghosts which are accociated with LCD Screens, but the type you get when watching TV through a poor aerial. The artifacts look like many small fuzzy diagonal lines going up and down the screen. It is obviously most noticable on a white/yellow background.

As I said, this is an expected picture when using a R/F Cable, but when using RGB Scart it shouldn't happen surely? When using the same cable plugged into my 5 year old 14"CRT TV, I get a perfect picture!

Is there any way I can fix this? Or is the Scart Socket damaged or incorrectly shielded or something?

Thanks for any advise. :)