• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ghosts of Tower Blocks

AMc

Distinguished Member
Ghosts of Tower Blocks by AMc UK, on Flickr

Olympus OM-D E-M10ii
Holga 25mm
f8
1/50th
ISO 200

Some tweaks in Lightroom including a 1:1 crop.

I had a meeting in London which involves a long, boring train journey.
I took along my homemade pinhole "lens" body cap and my 25mm Plastic Holga lens to take some more experimental images while I was there.

I was just planning on capturing the reflection of the windows opposite as we passed West Ham's new stadium but I caught a train coming the other way.
So there are reflections of the tower blocks from the opposite window and a reflection of the sky in the windscreen of the passing train - 2 for 1!

I appreciate this will be a marmite image for some :) but constructive comments are welcome, thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Marika

I wish the reflection was a touch clearer, but other than that, this is right down my alley as far as reflection shots go. I wish I'd had the chance to shoot something creative.

shotokan101

Banned
I think that I can see what you were trying to achieve here but it doesn't quite work for me I am afraid...... If the actual reflection had been the tower blocks it would have been better for me.....

Jim

AMc

Distinguished Member
I think that I can see what you were trying to achieve here but it doesn't quite work for me I am afraid...... If the actual reflection had been the tower blocks it would have been better for me.....

Jim
The reflection IS the tower blocks! Unless you think the train is transparent?
On this side of the train it’s the Olympic park. You should see the outline of the window?

Grabbed through the window from a moving train with a plastic lens it’s all luck. There is no sharp with Holga ;)

shotokan101

Banned
The reflection IS the tower blocks! Unless you think the train is transparent?
On this side of the train it’s the Olympic park. You should see the outline of the window?

Grabbed through the window from a moving train with a plastic lens it’s all luck. There is no sharp with Holga ;)

No it's the windows that are transparent....... :rolleyes: :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom