• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ghosting?.

-=PLuKE=-

Howdo, Am abit of a newbie 2 this so Bare with me! :). First off i have a 10m VGA cable going thought the ceiling so i can run my PJ thought my PC but its ghosting alot, Now i think its because am running a 10m cable its not a crap make (Belkin) but it was very cheap will a better quality cable make a big diffrents, would it be better if a use DVI from my PC 2 VGA on my PJ? My PJ is a Infocus LP240 but can only run it in 840x480 as it ghosts 2 much in 1024x748, I know its along way from the best so i expect it not 2 me amazing like but its only for my bedroom. Have u got any ideas?.

Thanks in advance!.

Luke

sbowler

All you can do is to try a better quality cable, make sure its a good shielded one, can you reduce the distance between pc and pj?

-=PLuKE=-

Its only about 1.5m maybe 2m tops!, But PJ is on the ceiling so goes up in the loft and down the in the corner of the wall then into PC. What sort of cable would u say?.

Luke

-=PLuKE=-

Only have VGA and S Video, Would it get a better picture running DVI out 2 VGA into PJ?.

Luke

Eddy Boy

VGA is analogue DVI-D is digital you would need a convertor. You could try a shorter cable but don't go less then a meter otherwise you will get more ghosting from reflections in the cable. What is the actual res of the projector?

-=PLuKE=-

I run it in 800x600 as it doesnt ghost as much, It goes 2 1024x768, Neg is 800x600 BTW its a LCD PJ, Infocus LP240.

Luke

-=PLuKE=-

That reminds me i just found a 1.5m cable gonna hook that up and see. Was looking on some other threads about getting a better picture, I run my films and videos thought my PC then 2 PJ was looking at diffrent programs 2 use, i got Zoomplayer Pro, nVidia Purevideo decoder and ffdshow will that give off a better picture?. Also what about diffrent screens? This is my setup now....

Colours look alittle funny :confused:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3278/dsc016007wj.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8638/dsc016019yb.jpg

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/1308/dsc016029da.jpg

Luke

img

i would try a better cable you could be getting interferance and especially if it gets worse higher quailty you go. try a good quality shorter cable if possible first

-=PLuKE=-

Just tryed it with a 2M cable, little ghosting if any at all!! Loads better!. Now what VGA cable should i get want a decent 1 mind, Do they do any in custom lenght?.

Luke

-=PLuKE=-

KK, Well think i might order that Lindy 1 looks pretty good and its not a bad price TBH, Will catch u this weekend.

Luke

-=PLuKE=-

Abit of an update, Got the Lindy Premium Gold cable, No ghosting now picture looks so much clearer and seems alittle brighter.

Luke

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom