1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Ghosting" - SONY 44PS2 when I play on console

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stewarthollyhead, Mar 5, 2002.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I have some problems when I play my GAMECUBE on my SONY 44ps2 Television.

The picture is fine, but when the screen is loading/or there is a short blackout you can see a bit of distortionin the background as a ghost line is moving right to left.

I have the gamecube going into scart 3(s-vhs) besides that I have an ondigital box and a dvd player going into scart 1 (rgb).

Why do I get this?

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I see this sometimes on my PS2, a line moving from left to right.I also see it sometimes on the black screens when changing channels on my ITV(on)Digital box,but like you said the picture is fine so i dont worry about it.I do not get even a hint of ghosting on my DVD which is on its own scart lead(QED Sqart) so i would think that the ghosting could be down to the quality of the scart leads.

3. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yep, it's more than likely leakage from low quality Scarts. Try turning your digibox to standby when you're using your Gamecube and it should go away (or go and buy some more expensive Scarts).