Ghosting on VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by gravesend46, Oct 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gravesend46

gravesend46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just had my upstairs aerial sorted out and my TV reception is now perfect. However, having just connected my video using the RF aerial and a SCART lead, I find the VCR channel to be very poor, as is video playback - there's all kind of ghosting on the picture.

WHy would this be happening when the TV reception is fine? I'm getting a DVD recorder for upstairs soon, and it won't really be worth it if it's liable to have the same poor reception as my VCR...?

2. Pod Person

Pod Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lets rule out the obvious. Are you watching the vcr on the correct av channel (either av1 or av2)? Is your scart set up wired the same as the picture in the vcr instruction manual?

3. Monk888

Monk888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi There,

I get the same problem, so it must be something simple.

I have a fully wired scart socket.

I didn't think the scart socket would effect the reception on the video channel, is this the case, can anyone confirm this ?

I have VCR wired to the IN/OUT scart connect and the TV wired to AV1 scart socket.

I phoned Sony this morning and they recommended I use AV2 on the TV-scart and the IN/OUT scart connector on the VCR, also they stated if you set the Video channel to the same as a TV channel on the video you may get Ghosting, ie, Ch38 is BBC1 and Channel 46 is Ch5, so they recommended use a high video channel like 60.

I will not know if Sony's suggestions will cure the issue until this evening when I get home from work.

Cheers,

Mike P