1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghosting on TH37PW5B using Tunerbox

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Nick23, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've only just started to notice (I don't think its been there all along) ghosting on every input into my TH37PW5B panny using the tuner box. Everything, including Sky digital, (using RGB scart) and the teletext features cause ghosting when a pure black or pure white image is on top of another colour. As far as I understand, Plasma screens only display the signal given to them, so the screen its self is not the problem put the tuner box? Am I correct at assuming the tuner box is faulty?

It is a little hard to explain, so hopefully this picture will explain what I am talking about.

These images I quickly made up in photoshop to show the type of thing I am seeing. Notice the colour bleed/ghosting on the right side of the image.

Picture 1

Picture 2

2. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick 23
    Have a look at the thread lower down on this forum Toshiba horizontal streaking, you will see the same problem discussed.The toshiba plasmas are clones of the Pannys so your`e not alone at least.

3. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, although I may not be alone, I will still like to know of any possible fix. The tuner must be faulty, because after reading these forums for such a long time, seeing many people buy panasonic plasmas, not many have reported a similar problem.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Well, I couldn't say the tuner is faulty, all I have seen do that. That's why most here don't use them, they interfere generally in the image quality, and prevent use of the VGA port. You could try talking to your retailer, see if they'll let you try another box? I would, if it were me, but as I say, don't expect a miracle.

5. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    As mentioned above, I reported a similar problem I have with my 42" Toshiba.

However, if your pictures are accurate, I have to say that mine is NOWHERE near as bad as yours...

I see it generally when there is white on blue, buts very VERY subtle, in my case its certainly not enough to worry about.

Have a look at my pictures in my thread somewhere below and see if its anything like what you are seeing.

6. hddvdman

hddvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    somethere over there but not near here, there
    Ratings:
    +155
    mine is fine, i would get your tuner box checked out. the only problem i have is that the box cant make its mind up on the picture format sometimes??/

good luck

7. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those pictures are exaggerated just to describe my point. They aren't as bad as that. I don't see them all the time, but when I do, I'm sure It has only started doing it recently, because in similar conditions before I don't remember seeing them.