Ghosting in the background

D

Deleted member 36193

I've just bought a Panny 55 and it's great apart from one thing which I've read about somewhere before,but can't find the solution.
When playing back discs,whether recorded or DVD films,in the background I can see a broadcast showing as a shadow.It appears to roll right to left.So how do I get rid of it?Do I have to disconnect a pin in the scart lead-would an RGB only scart do the trick (sound goes through an amp).
One other thing,I tried unplugging the aerial and the picture played from a film DVD went really grainy.
Setup:
aerial to digibox>RGB scart to DVD recorder>RGB scart to TV,and rf to VCR>rf to TV.

Are you using a cheap scart lead?

If so upgrade to a gold plated oxygen free one.

Hopefully should clear the problem.

Damo :)

I tried a different scart lead with no change.
The one I use I got from Richer Sounds for £30,but it is a fully wired one.That's why I wonder if an RGB only lead might do the trick?

I've never fully defeated this problem. Removing the aerial helps but I bought a seperate player and I watch films through that and just tv stuff through my recorder.

Try selecting a blank channel on the tv, I have to do this on my toshiba to eliminate sound breakthrough from the analogue channel the tv is tuned to at the time. The tv displays a blue screen when not tuned in which stops the picture breakthrough.

I can see a broadcast showing as a shadow
Are any of your nearby neighbours using a wireless video network solution by any chance?

Thanks for the suggestions-selecting an untuned TV channel before switching on seems to have done the trick.
I'm still pretty sure I read about cutting the lead from one of the scart pins though!

disconnecting pin 19 usually does the trick...(make sure you do this on the end of the lead which goes into your device, not the other end, or the device itself) :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom