1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ghosting faces on my panasonic plasma help.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by soup nazi, Aug 30, 2004.

1. soup nazi

soup nazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic th-42pa20 plasma which i've had for 2 months.
    And have noticed when watching a close up of a persons face when they make a movement it just does'nt look right there's a ghosting like affect like the image can't match the movement it looks really bad and is really bothering me now..
    sorry i can't explain it better but does anybody know why this is happening or other people experienced this.it happens on sky digital and my dvd recorder with the plasma.

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    if you are using a fully wired SCART
    cut pin 19 off one scart plug, then cut pin 20 from the other scart plug
    this gets rid of the video loop thats most probs causing the problem.
    (the SCART will now only work 1 way round tho)

3. soup nazi

soup nazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but i think i should'nt of used the word ghosting,i'll try to explain more.
    when an actor nods his head the image has not caught up with the movement and gives like a morphed image of the face.but otherwise the picture is fine.

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    It's a processing artifact of the Panny plamsas, something they all do (at least, the SD panels. Don't know about the HD ones). Seems to me it is reduced for higher bitrate sources (e.g. it's less noticable on DVD than FreeView), but there's nowt you can do about it. Bummer :(

5. bad santa

bad santa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i've had a 50inch pz70 a few weeks now and have the same problem. i am putting my sky+ through a lektropacks scart to hdmi convertor at 720p and most of the time the picture is flawless. but when we have lots of close ups of faces there is always some form of ghosting especially in american series like house and supernatural and probably worse, most film channels. however the picture on broadcasts like sky news and sports channels the picture is fab. i thought converting to 720p on a 1080p plasma would sort out any problems but obviously not.