Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021) / Ultimate Collection Set 4K UHD

They have released a complete break down of the contents of the Ultimate Collection and as a big fan I have to say I am super excited :D

• GHOSTBUSTERS 4K ULTRA HD
      • Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
      • Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
    • GHOSTBUSTERS BLU-RAY
      • Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
      • 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
      • Special Features:
        • Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Harold Ramis and Associate Producer Joe Medjuck
        • Fan Commentary Moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich
        • Slimer Mode Picture-in-Picture Track
    • GHOSTBUSTERS II 4K ULTRA HD
      • Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
    • GHOSTBUSTERS II BLU-RAY
      • Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
      • 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
      • Special Feature:
        • Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck
    • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE 4K ULTRA HD
      • Dolby Atmos
    • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BLU-RAY

• SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 1 – GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
        • NEW: Rare 114-minute Preview Cut of the Film (in Standard Definition) – an unearthed early cut of the film with alternate takes, additional scenes, early effects and more. A unique must-see experience for any Ghostbusters fan!
          • With optional commentary by Associate Producer Joe Medjuck and Editor Sheldon Kahn
        • NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
        • NEW: Dana’s Lost Auditions – eight auditions for the role of Dana Barrett, featuring Denise Crosby, Kelly LeBrock and more!
          • Special thanks to Brandon Kleyla
        • NEW:Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors” Documentary – a 90-minute documentary about the making of Ghostbusters and the history of the franchise!
        • NEW: Ghostbusters Dailies – over an hour of raw dailies, encompassing 7 scenes from the film
        • NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
        • 16 Deleted Scenes
        • TV Commercial from the Film + Commercial Outtakes
        • 1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel
        • “A Moment With the Stars” Original EPK Featurette
        • 1984 Featurette
        • SFX Team Featurette
        • Cast and Crew Featurette
        • Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective
        • Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
        • Ruth Oliver’s Library Ghost Scream Test
        • Multi-Angle Explorations
        • Storyboard Comparisons
        • Photo Galleries
        • “Ghostbusters” Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.
        • Theatrical Trailers & Promo

• SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 2 – GHOSTBUSTERS II & GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
    • GHOSTBUSTERS II
    • NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
    • NEW: 19 Deleted Scenes – a collection of never-before-seen deleted scenes!
    • NEW: Ghostbusters II Soundtrack Promo – a scene from the film with commentary from composer Randy Edelman
    • NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
    • 7 Additional Deleted Scenes
    • “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989
    • Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond
    • Ghostbusters II Original EPK
    • “On Our Own” Music Video by Bobby Brown
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
    • Jason’s Sneak Peek from Set
    • Theatrical Trailers

Last edited:
I thought we'd be getting the alternate takes to GB after they showed them at the GB vent a while ago.

Looks like we're finally getting all the deleted scene from GB II aswell.

Sony so region free (And they own worldwide rights to Ghostbusters)
Well that’s good news then thanks. I do have a region free Bluray player but much less hassle if it’s region free.

Looks like I’ll be ordering the US set unless the UK drops the ridiculous price tag

Yeah i'll be getting the set though now they've announced the extras'

Wow the special features are awesome. never knew there was a preview cut of GH1. Dolby Vision for each film and original soundtracks. Plus the most important feature of all about this set.....No Feminist-Busters 2016. Sony have listened and given the fans what they want and in return, I'll gladly hand over my cash

Wow the special features are awesome. never knew there was a preview cut of GH1. Dolby Vision for each film and original soundtracks. Plus the most important feature of all about this set.....No Feminist-Busters 2016. Sony have listened and given the fans what they want and in return, I'll gladly hand over my cash
The US version is getting it as a digital download. Not sure about the UK.

Decided to go with WowHD (I know deep discount is a little cheaper) but I used a 10% voucher for first order and wanted expedited delivery.

Decided to go with WowHD (I know deep discount is a little cheaper) but I used a 10% voucher for first order and wanted expedited delivery.
FYI WowHD and Deepdiscount are the same company and if my last order is any indication I expect the set to arrive in about a week.

FYI WowHD and Deepdiscount are the same company and if my last order is any indication I expect the set to arrive in about a week.
Thanks but knew that. Still want it expedited though 👍. I have noticed WOW do seem to have despatched pre-orders nice and early so hope it will be with me on release day and still save £60 on the UK release.

Completely impatient on this one

Thanks to all for the information and prices.
I seem to be importing more titles due to the U.K. prices (Columbia Volumes 1 & 2 being prime examples). This forum is tremendous for info.
I’ve went with WOW for this

Had no intention in getting. Read the special features. Had a glass of wine. Ordered from WOWHD With 10% off.

Bugger, not on WowHD anymore.
Once the press release dropped yesterday I think interest spiked so that and the fact it’s half the price of the U.K. release no doubt caused a flood of orders.

Must have been lucky to get one of the last ones at WOW. Hopefully it will comeback in stock for others

91F85771-C703-4450-830E-CB7F41ED8A3B.jpeg

CA96BA82-E83E-4ACC-A7C2-2361AD00B5D3.jpeg

Not sure I buy it was a reaction and not always planned, I mean it’s not like it’s due out in the summer it’s just over a month away from release so the sets would have been produced and sat in warehouses weeks ago.

Let’s not also forget it’s only the US set that will include digital copies so releases in all other countries will still be “shunning” the 2016 film lol

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Wow quite often take titles up and down.

Amazon just released that this is releasing on 31/01 but is still advertised at £149

Amazon just released that this is releasing on 31/01 but is still advertised at £149
I doubt that price will drop, Sony tend to do boxsets at a premium as the Resident Evil one demonstrates.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom