Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Directed by Jason Reitman)

violet_ramis_proton_pack.jpg

Saw this at the Cinema on Wed afternoon.

Pretty decent. Thought the lead girl was absolutely terrific and PR had me chuckling several times. Nice and nostalgic (Super 8 vibes) and, although they laid on the sentiment was a bit ott at the end (imo), it was all good. 7/10

Well just caught it for the second time as I took my sister too see it and this was a completely different experience, walked out of the release day viewing feeling very ‘meh’ about it all but this time, boy I loved every minute of it and when
Egon appeared I got that feeling in my chest I should have had on the first viewing, not ashamed to say a few tears were shed.

Maybe it was having a fellow GB fan along side me this time or the fact I was able to just go in and just enjoy what unfolded without it having to meet the two years worth of expectations I had saddled it with.

Only 7 of us in a screen that can fit 360 so felt like a private screening but damn it was cold in there, think they forgot to turn the heating on lol

I did try and see this one but so many kids came in making noise including a huge group (like 30 or so) of noisy kids with one adult who started sitting around us, so we walked out and got a refund. I wouldn't enjoy it.

I did try and see this one but so many kids came in making noise including a huge group (like 30 or so) of noisy kids with one adult who started sitting around us, so we walked out and got a refund. I wouldn't enjoy it.
Confirmed: Angelina back in Ireland filming live action movie, Musical Fudging Chairs.

do we know when this is getting released on digital yet? I see its up for pre-order on iTunes but no date attached..

If it follows the standard release schedule then I’d guess January or February.
Yea based on previous Sony releases in 2021 I suspect it will be mid Jan.

Pity they didn't get this out sooner and then a home release in time for Christmas. That would have done some big bucks with a lot of people liking to watch Ghostbusters at Xmas.

Finally got to see this last night. It was everything I wanted it to be and made me feel like the 16 year old teenager I was when the original movie was released. That's a rare and precious thing.

Coming out from the cinema, it was cold outside but this film felt like it gave me a great big, warm hug.

Afterlife is still the winner when you consider the big budget difference. GB : A was made for an economical (by Hollywood standards) $75 million.
Plus it was delayed time and again due to there being a global pandemic and all that.

Ghostbusters 2016 had mixed feedback from audiences. There was little demand for a sequel. Ghostbusters:Afterlife has very positive audience feedback, so is primed to produce an NYC based $100 million sequel that does similar or better numbers.

1642969127479.png

1642969331638.png

Soon they won't be able to even give away the 2016 Blu-ray.

Also factor in the budget of each films Feminist-busters was £140 million budget and advertising would have been about £100 million, where as Afterlife was £75 million with roughly the same for advertising, means that Afterlife was profitable and received overwhelming fan praise, where feminist-busters lost money and is detested by fans.

I REALLY liked this one, ended quite abruptly I thought but still enjoyed it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom