Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection (8-Disc) Set: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 31/01/2022

GB_AL_4K.jpg

Ultimate Collection:
GB_UC_4K (packshot).jpg

Steelbook thread: Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• GB_AL_4K (back).jpg
    GB_AL_4K (back).jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I find it quite something that Zavvi still put on the ‘Save £XX’ text; like the standard 4K release is supposed to be £37, or indeed their own exclusive steelbook £42!

Did anyone lock in a pre-order on the 8-disc set while it was £129.99? I wonder if it will go back down to that price once details are released.

I'd sooner pay £50 more to not have German plastered over everything, though this could be a positive sign that the price will even out lower.

The only non-English releases I own are the German Koch Dune 4K set and Capelight Running Man 4K (as it cannot be purchased anywhere else), the Japanese Akira 4K and the Italian Eagle Total Recall 4K for the outstanding PQ.

I'd sooner pay £50 more to not have German plastered over everything, though this could be a positive sign that the price will even out lower.

The only non-English releases I own are the German Koch Dune 4K set and Capelight Running Man 4K (as it cannot be purchased anywhere else), the Japanese Akira 4K and the Italian Eagle Total Recall 4K for the outstanding PQ.
Depending on how it is presented there may be little or no German on it anyway but personally I will always go for whatever is cheapest, don't care what language is on the packaging as that isn't what I look at its the content of the discs.

Depending on how it is presented there may be little or no German on it anyway but personally I will always go for whatever is cheapest, don't care what language is on the packaging as that isn't what I look at its the content of the discs.
Some people get their gears ground by missing slipcovers, I can't stand foreignese discs/packaging/booklets generally even if its minimal, especially when the film title is completely different and not even a literal translation.

US releases of the original films had horrible artwork too but ours had the classic black background with ghost symbol so hopefully the U.K. release is better, perhaps that poster of the Ecto-1 in the corn field? or the one in the OP.

Great set, no lady ghostbusters !?
Yeah say what you will about the film but if you’re going to do an Ultimate set it deserves to be in there.

GB & GB 2 both have new special features.

GB & GB 2 both have new special features.
They will be Dolby Vision too so not just recycling the old discs.

Yeah say what you will about the film but if you’re going to do an Ultimate set it deserves to be in there.
Not sure I agree, the 2016 film is a completely different entity whereas the new film is a direct continuation of the story, would be like including the JJ Trek films in a boxset with 1-10, no thank you.

£150.

Attachments

• laughing-haha.gif
    laughing-haha.gif
    5 MB · Views: 76
Id rather buy them all separate than getting the boxset.

Id rather buy them all separate than getting the boxset.
Problem with that is the bonus discs appear to be exclusive to the set but if those are not important then yea far cheaper to buy the films separately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom