Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021) / Ultimate Collection Set 4K UHD

Hi all, been reading that the audio on Ghostbusters 2 (2.0 track) is botched (USA) release. Has anyone checked if UK copy or Canadian copy is also like this ?
Thanks.
Owen

Just reading this oven on Blu-ray.com, so want to pick the US set up but not if audio botched- what to do ?

My understanding was that this had sold out most places and the US set is significantly cheaper and overall better quality so would still be worth getting hold of if possible. I will go and have a read on the BD forums but it would be good to know what the botch is? Hopefully a replacement program does come about if its really bad, as painful as that will be.

The original Stereo tracks are botched.

Seems these releases are being botched to force us to streaming. ridiculous.

Seems these releases are being botched to force us to streaming. ridiculous.
You can be certain any streaming version won’t have the original stereo so doesn’t really work in that regard.

Its because Studios and Distributors got tight and send out alot less review copys then they would in the dvd and bd era.

True, but its really the job of the company itself to check these discs before sending any out? I assume they have slimmed down companies so much these departments are either non-existant or swamped

well.... the problem is, if you think they are tested in an environment as techy and atmosy as most of our set ups, they aren't :( mixed yes, tested no, i would happily test any mix they throw at me for QC but the majority are tested for soundbars by non fans who wouldn't pick up on theres a missing fx at 1:03:57 they are generally just verified that all the soundtacks are present and the menus work :( the real QC happens when the fans get hold of it and then it's too late
Film & Television QC Tester - Consumer Content (Digital Package/DVD/BD/UHD)

I just received my Canadian copy, with the missing Ghostbusters 1 4K disk and slip for Afterlife. Anyone know if there is any way to get a replacement disk from Sony?

I was going to opt for Canadian but feared something like this happening- can forward a sony contact mail but think who you bought it from need to instigate this?

I just received my Canadian copy, with the missing Ghostbusters 1 4K disk and slip for Afterlife. Anyone know if there is any way to get a replacement disk from Sony?
From what I have been reading no one has had any luck getting their discs replaced yet, know its not what you wanted to hear though.

I managed to order one this morning…and despatched 2 hours later
You must have got lucky likely some very limited amount of stock that was made available today as Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection it's previously been listed as sold out since February 6th on HMV website

I expect was very small amount of stock taken from some HMV high street shops and listed on HMV store website

It's back to previous sold out

HMV still appear to have stocks of the Limited Edition Gift set of the trilogy and the FILM50 discount is still applicable:

I ordered one earlier this evening.

EDIT

Now sold out.

Last edited:
Really wish Amazon will price match this

Last edited:
812KzjS8WeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

817b3VR2yFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81S2nDa49AL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81E-J6r1aYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Came from Tokyo within 48 hours

IMG_20220528_093727.jpg