Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Directed by Jason Reitman)

A long time ago there was talk of a now grown up baby Oscar from part 2 being centre stage. If it means the fabulous Ms Weaver will be back as Mum, I'll be a happy chappie. :smashin:

Give them the torch

DxWDUyoU0AAsAr0.jpg

I don't really get what Leslie Jones is saying. Even if they'd shot that script with the original cast it would still have only been the 3rd best Ghostbusters film. I gave the reboot a fair go, the fact they were all women made no difference to me. They had every opportunity to make it their own, they squandered it by making a film that wasn't very good. If they'd written a better script and made a better film that a larger number of people enjoyed they'd have got a sequel. It's that simple, for me at least.

Leslie Jones needs to get over it, she comes across as ignorant and arrogant. She was in a bad film, a minority of idiots that aired their distaste of an all female line up didn’t alter that.

AS others have said. The film failed cause it was a turd. unfunny, not scary, an a honking script.

Oh, and those scooby doo effects were just :zonked:

It's certainly no coincidence that Leslie Jones was actually the worst thing about the new film. I actually didn't mind the others, but her character was terrible.

It's good to be back :) That teaser trailer was better than the entirety of the reboot.

I'm unsure how I should feel about this. I was absolutely Ghostbusters mad in 1984. I went to the cinema 7 times to see it and hoovered up as much merchandise as my poor parents could afford. I went as far as planning out a career as a Ghostbuster and even had a business model!

BUT, Ghostbusters was lightning in a bottle. Whilst still enjoyable, I think Ghostbusters 2 proved that. For me, Ghostbusters works because of the chemistry of the cast. It's certainly going to be difficult to replicate that without Ramis.

I'm unsure how I should feel about this. I was absolutely Ghostbusters mad in 1984. I went to the cinema 7 times to see it and hoovered up as much merchandise as my poor parents could afford. I went as far as planning out a career as a Ghostbuster and even had a business model!

Living. The. Dream.

BUT, Ghostbusters was lightning in a bottle. Whilst still enjoyable, I think Ghostbusters 2 proved that. For me, Ghostbusters works because of the chemistry of the cast. It's certainly going to be difficult to replicate that without Ramis.

I don't think you need to worry too much about no Ramis. It's a shame, but I feel quite sure this will be an official handing over of the torch. The old school will likely only cameo to do it. Can easily do a small tribute to Ramis by having him as passed away in the film too. Could even be part of the plot.

I don't think you need to worry too much about no Ramis. It's a shame, but I feel quite sure this will be an official handing over of the torch. The old school will likely only cameo to do it. Can easily do a small tribute to Ramis by having him as passed away in the film too. Could even be part of the plot.

I hope so. Perhaps they could use them in the same way The Force Awakens used Harrison Ford as a link to the original.

US release date (couple days after the new Christopher Nolan project) is July 20th next year.

US release date (couple days after the new Christopher Nolan project) is July 20th next year.
Depending on what genre Nolan's project is going for, I would imagine Sony might shift their date a little.

Feig Intervenes In "Ghostbusters 3" Outrage - Dark Horizons

I love the way any tiny bit of criticism of the crappy 2016 is now treated as an OUTRAGE or trolling of the highest order. Seriously?!!!o_O

It's inevitable when one lives amongst a culture of emotionally incontinent clowns. This is obviously a pointless sequel, but given how much it annoys 'supporters' of the awful 2016 reboot, I'm delighted it's going ahead.

Also, Ghostbusters 2 is great: "I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds... one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you." :D:rotfl::D

I didn't think that they were going go THAT young..i'm a bit unsure about this now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom