1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon - Noooooooooooo

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Pulsar, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Hello,

I had the unfortunate experience of buying this game for my PC yesterday. I could not wait to start playing it. The game installed fine, and I loaded it up as usual. I then started the training mode where I learnt how to walk etc. I then came to the weapons practice. This is where I began to lose my temper.

The computer was saying, 'to change your weapon press the ~ key...' the only thing is this does not work. I then looked in th options to see if I could re-map this function to another key, but the 'change weapon' command does not exist! Now, I am no idiot, I have played my fair share of PC games, but this is rediculous. I have uninstalled the game, and re-installed it, and have installed the latest patch, but I cannot get this function.

It seems that this is not the only **** up in the game, I also seem unable to throw a grenade! I haven't played the training any further than this as I saw no point.

I must admit that this is really starting to get me down, so can someone who has this game please tell me where I am going wrong?!?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

:mad: :mad: Rob:mad: :mad: :suicide:

2. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found many games that have functions mapped to the ~ (tilde) key don't actually work on my keyboard. I have found that the tab key is the one that works. I know that many years ago the tilde key used to be where the tab key is on my current keyboard. Might be worth trying in your case.

3. superstan

superstan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made the same discovery my friend. The answer is to use the key to the left of and on the same line as the numbers at the top of the keyboard, not the number keypad. This will work and then you can enjoy the game, it is very good if you have patience. It is not a quick shoot em up however, play it like that and you will be the only one shot up, I found out the hard way.

4. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Guys,

I cannot thanks you enough. I am at work at now, but will try it when I get home. I can't wait to play this 'inteligent' shooter. :)

Again, many thanks.

Rob

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    hope you're enjoying it mate.:)
    Still my fav PC game of all time. I've had it since the day it came out well over a year ago and still play it most weeks online with my mates with our headsets..it's a stunning experience.:)
    Once you get into it, I'd recommend looking at the add-on packs, if you haven't got them already