1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Stereo Steve, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Oh my. Is this the best war game ever? On a 8' projector screen with 5.1 surround it's the best thing I've ever seen.

Apparently.

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Whats it like?? Reviews have been very average at best - even the official mag only gave it 7.
    Even the yanks on live have been slagging it off.
    Is it better play wise than GR IT as that was superb apart from the damn glitches/ white button annoyance / map brightness problem.

3. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Didn't know this was out yet.... !!:nono:

4. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I thought it was absolutely superb. Excellent gameplay and a real step up from GRIT but with the same kind of feel. Much prefer this to R6. I've only played a bit though at a friends place so not really tried multiplayer etc.

We palyed on a PJ with the surround turned up and it was like being in a war zone! Awesome. The graphics are hugely better than GRIT and you also get to shoot down helicopters and stuff.

For the record, I will be buying the original disk when it's out to play on live.

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The US release was last week 11/16/04 so fairly easy to get hold of - and remember Ubisoft games arent region coded

Although saying this Stereo Steve has admitted to playing a copy
    - tut tut :D

Reviews...(its now got some good reviews!!)

TeamXbox here

Gamepro review here

Next level gaming review here

6. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Uh OH - knew it was to good to be true- another ubisoft game full of bugs some are very annoying.......
    Ubisoft GR 2 bugs

7. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    Got my US one today and it's lush. It's a good well balanced mix between Rainbow Six 3 and Ghost Recon 1 (Xbox).
    The third person default view is actually better than I expected although I have already settled into the 'proper' GR 1st person view.
    Disappointments for me include the fact you cant change characters which also means if you die the mission ends as you dont change to be another character.
    The game looks lovely, especially when compared to Ghost Recon. The command interface is nice and not as strategy based as Ghost Recon but that isn't necessairly a bad thing.
    As with most of UbiSoft's previous Xbox Tom Clancy titles I'd expect a good amount of Live support including bug fixes and DLC.
    The first mission (on campaighn) is a great beginning and shows you straight away how things have changed in the series. Lots of noise (great effects in 5.1) lots of allies chatting, enemies screaming (with improved AI) and even a nice helicopter to destroy. It throws you straght in and is non-stop from start to finish.
    After reading many reviews/previes for the game I am really looking forward to getting into this and I'm confident it could be my personal game of the year, even over the mighty Halo 2.
    :)

8. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When did I admit to it being a copy? I just said I would be buying the full version myself. :D

I only play on Live really so I have no need for copies etc. I now have a basic standard crystal xbox having played with the whole modded idea.

Anyway, back to the game. The first mission is superb and really involving. There may be a few bugs but the enemy AI is better, if not brilliant. The sound and graphics are awesome. Especially when a member of your team needs a medic. He really sounds like he needs a medic and the other guys plead with you to help him.

Plus, if you miss the chopper with the first round he shoots up your team and they are all lying around screaming in pain. Very traumatic.

Brilliant game. This will keep me off Halo 2.

9. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    To be honest theres nothing "Ghost" and "Recon" about this game. Its a gun ho FPS thats tdesigned to appeal to the masses.

Ubi soft have spoiled another perfectly good game, just so they can make more money off console gamers.

Shame on you Ubi soft, you call yourself a games company?
    More like a pimp renting out his games to the highest bidder.

10. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Looking at the video from this review link, must say initially the 3rd person view didnt appeal but seeing it in action with mortar fire or bombs dropping around you, well it does look awsome much more my cup of tea(over Halo Poo) Ordered mine straight away after seeing that. Bugs smugs im sure they'll sort em plus if its got the same kind of DLC that the 1st had its gonna defo take over RS3. :clap:

11. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    must be playing a different game from me ;) I'm on a mission called Ambush and whilst blowing up the convoy is fairly straight forward you certainly cant go running round shooting enemies heading towards you. The 1 or 2 shot deaths make sure you use some stealth and also force you to take care of your team mates. The more I play it the more I like it. I'm still gutted you cant change characters but aside from that it's a winner IMO.

12. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    But look how long they took to patch R6 BA - Over 6 Months !!!
    Online play is going to be a right bugger till they sort it out.