Ghost Of Tsushima Directors Cut

How do you upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version of the standalone game? The only options I could see were to buy the Director's Cut upgrade for £24.99. If you already own the standard PS4 game, how do you get just the PS5 upgrade for £9.99?
You can't do that, you have to go for the full £24.99. The £9.99 upgrade is from PS4 Director's Cut to PS5 Director's Cut. Likewise, if you just wanted the DLC without the upgrades, you wouldn't be able to get that either.

I think you can get the DLC without the upgrade. If you own the PS4 original GoT, you can pay 15.99 to upgrade your PS4 version to the Directors Cut (i.e., with the expansion island) PS4 version.

So 15.99 take you PS4 game from original to Driectors.

You can then spend another 9.99 to take you now PS4 Director Cut game to the PS5 Directors Cut game.

Therefore if you want the DLC, but not to pay for them ‘PS5 upgrade’ then you can.

You can as you say pay the whole Directors Cut + PS5 upgrade in one hit for the 24.99 (which works out the same anyway.

Dark pattern if I’ve ever seen one, but there you go.

I’ve gone with the 15.99 to upgrade my original GoT to the Directors cut as i wanted the new island. Paying 9.99 for some more Ps and some rumble is just grubby. It isn’t about th cost, 10 quid is nothing - its just i can only vote with my wallet. Happy to pay for on new DLC content tho As i enjoy th game. Assassins Creed with Samurai without doubt, but I enjoyed it some more story content is good (all the filler in GoT, not so much).

Thanks, I guess I’ll probably get the Director’s Cut upgrade for £24.99 at some point then.

I'm getting absolutely battered in the combat. Seems to be hitting much harder than before? Seems that 2 or 3 hits and I'm on deaths door.

Completed the main story on Iki Island tonight.

Hit 10 hours gameplay and there's still lots of shrines etc to do and part of the map yet to open up.

It's been great, although fairly easy with my fully levelled up Jin from platinuming the main game.

20210906_234356.jpg
20210906_234349.jpg
20210906_234344.jpg
Got the Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus and GoW armour tonight.

After reading a few comments about the controller updates not being worth it I must say I was shocked at how brilliant the haptic feedback is on this game, immersion wise it is even better than Returnal or Ratchet and Clank, although utility wise nothing beats the alt fire use of the left trigger on Returnal.

Even running around on the horse is very impressive, going from a mud path to a wooden bridge has a clearly discernible difference in the rumble employed in the pad, having only had a Series X until July of this year I can say haptic feedback on the PS5 done properly is revolutionary.

After reading a few comments about the controller updates not being worth it I must say I was shocked at how brilliant the haptic feedback is on this game, immersion wise it is even better than Returnal or Ratchet and Clank, although utility wise nothing beats the alt fire use of the left trigger on Returnal.

Even running around on the horse is very impressive, going from a mud path to a wooden bridge has a clearly discernible difference in the rumble employed in the pad, having only had a Series X until July of this year I can say haptic feedback on the PS5 done properly is revolutionary.
It's the best a dev has done since the devs for Astros playroom which hasn't been beaten, this comes close, it would have been nice if you could feel the rain & wind on your armor.

I finished the Main storyline for Iki Island and the majority of the other stuff on it is done also, I'm around the 15 and 1/2 hrs mark for that I just need the Shrines as I don't have all the armor required from the main game so will need to go back when I get them, plus some collectibles to find.

I have just started this and am really enjoying it. About 5 hours in and just wondering if anyone knows how the difficualty works?

I started the game on medium but because the games doesn't have levels or a set path how do I know which missions to do in order? I clear one camp really easily and the next is a nightmare. Every time I upgrade my sword the enemies just seem to get stronger too. I know some games keep the enemies at your level so levelling up is pointless.

Just wondering if there is a better route to follow. I have done most things pretty easy so far but then had a "boss" fight with a woman in a field of Purple flowers and it was damn near impossible.

I have just started this and am really enjoying it. About 5 hours in and just wondering if anyone knows how the difficualty works?

I started the game on medium but because the games doesn't have levels or a set path how do I know which missions to do in order? I clear one camp really easily and the next is a nightmare. Every time I upgrade my sword the enemies just seem to get stronger too. I know some games keep the enemies at your level so levelling up is pointless.

Just wondering if there is a better route to follow. I have done most things pretty easy so far but then had a "boss" fight with a woman in a field of Purple flowers and it was damn near impossible.
The woman in the field you have to beat in order to gain a certain new skill. Other skills can be gained by doing the 'side' missions as they count towards your 'legend' which then gives you skill points which you can then spend as you wish in certain skill trees.

I originally got this digitally on the PS4 but never got round to playing it. Upgraded to the DC and have put a few hours in now and I have to say it's a great game, thoroughly enjoying it. The setting is great and the visuals, especially the lighting is top notch.

The combat is also pretty good and rewarding.

Good stuff 👏

Last edited:
I'm loving this after about 15 hours play. I am playing from a PS4 disc. If I buy the 24.99 dlc and ps5 upgrade, do I need to keep the disc in?

Not to worry. Obvious really buy you can't.

Last edited:
Guess so, to validate the licence.

I loved the Island of Iki expansion, but thinking about it now that its all completed, I'm not sure the ps5 upgrade was worth it. The duelsense haptics and triggers were well done, graphics I couldn't really tell if they were any better than before when it was 1800p 60, and the 3D audio through headphones didn't sound any better than my normal surround sound setup.

I'm happy enough paying £25 for what I experienced, but really that upgrade should have been free rather than an extra £9. What they should have done is average out the £16 for the ps4 expansion, and the £9 for the ps5 upgrade, and just charge everyone, ps4 and ps5 £20. That would have stopped all the upgrade controversy, and it's still a decent price for Iki Island.

Think how much time you saved in your your life by fast travel becoming nearly instant.
£9 probably gave you at least couple of hours of you life back over the the course of the game :D

I opened up the northern Island last night and very quickly got to the mission that opens up the expansion Isle.

It gives a warning that the enemies are harder, but gives no indication whether I can go and come back or whether I am stuck there until I finish the whole island.

Is it worth me waiting until I finish the North island or can I go back and forth at my leisure?

I would say to complete the main island story before heading to Iki. You might even want to do all the mop-up side quests before heading there (there's some excellent stories in here, so well worth doing) - but definitely finish the main story campaign though.

Done everything on the island and really enjoyed coming back to this. I've still not really put any time into the Legends mode yet and might do as the fact my trophy percentage is down from 100% is annoying me :)

Few screenshots

Ghost of Tsushima_20210915231926.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20210917232120.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20210920231325.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20210921110332.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20210922231235.png

I platinumed this on PS4 Pro when it came out. Now I'm starting over with the PS5 - I'd forgotten what a great game it is.

I still get a bit annoyed at some of the camera angles during the fighting but it's a truly beautiful game to play.

I'd just taking me a little time to get used to the controls after playing RDR2 (how I really wish Rockstar would produce a PS5 version of that) - the first thing I did when I tried to mount the horse in GoT was whack it with my sword. Made me laugh, although the horse didn't see the funny side of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom