Ghost Of Tsushima Directors Cut

So if I own the digital PS4 version of the game but then rent the PS5 Directors Cut will my PS4 copy upgrade to the PS5 DC version for free?

£16 seems steep to me 🤔

Glad I got the PS5 version on disc

Me too. I think I would have bought the PS5 Disc version regardless but with the price they're asking it made it a no brainer to me.

So I paid for this upgrade after completing the game last year. Went into my settings trying to download my save and I realise only 5-6 game saves have been uploaded to the cloud?!
WTH? Isn't this on by default?

So I paid for this upgrade after completing the game last year. Went into my settings trying to download my save and I realise only 5-6 game saves have been uploaded to the cloud?!
WTH? Isn't this on by default?
Was your PS+ subscription always active when you played the game?

Was your PS+ subscription always active when you played the game?
Always been active since PS3 era. I never thought about double checking the cloud saves because it's never been an issue on Xbox so I assumed it worked the same :mad:

Always been active since PS3 era. I never thought about double checking the cloud saves because it's never been an issue on Xbox so I assumed it worked the same :mad:
The running out of PS+ is the only thing I have heard of with cloud saves not saving that's why I asked.

I got GoT on initial release way way back, err 1 year ago, haha, so I’m just going to pick up the DLC for 15.99 and see what it is like as extra content for the PS4 game i already own. The PS5 upgrades seem slight, as the PS4 running on PS5 is already 1800p 60fps. if i get into it and decide that really matters, i can then just hand over the other 9.99 to go to PS5 version (works out the same anyway as the DLC + PS5 upgrade is 24.99 anyway). But with such small upgrades, i just want the DLC to see how big it is and if the game pulls me back in really.

Going the same route. The free upgrade to the PS4 version running on PS5 is pretty good and the “native” PS5 upgrade doesn’t seem to offer that much more.

And, more importantly, I don’t really want to play the whole game again, just the expansion.

Looks like you still need to import a PS4 save so there's still definitely fiddling around.
That's assuming your PS4 save isn't gone!

I booted up GoT yesterday morning (ps4 version) and loaded last save point to check it was where I'd left it (game complete).

Then went to majn menu and bought the directors cut plus ps5 upgrade. This was 90gb so left it for the day and checked last night when back home.

Now had two versions on XMB, ps4 and ps5. Loaded ps5 and in the menu there was a "import ps4 save" option. Did that, then loaded that save. All done. Also, all my trophies popped so now even have another Platinum, easiest one ever 😄

I will wait until it is much cheaper second hand. Considering this is a PS4 game with sprinkles the price is ridiculous

Please I need anyone who try it answer me . Is it worth to buy update + dlc or no ???

some people said the dlc is very short around 4h play and they said the update to ps5 with no any more futures

Another people said wow the dlc is very good you will play as 14h and the update to ps5 with many futures

What this who is true

Please I need anyone who try it answer me . Is it worth to buy update + dlc or no ???

some people said the dlc is very short around 4h play and they said the update to ps5 with no any more futures

Another people said wow the dlc is very good you will play as 14h and the update to ps5 with many futures

What this who is true
I've not had time to play it since installing on Sunday so can't answer yet I'm afraid.

I'd say if you really liked the game, any extra content is worth playing whether that's 4 or 14 hours. But that's just me, I don't associate value and length :)

What this who is true

The DLC is no way 4hrs more like 10 for the main story 15-20 to do everything, I happen to think it's worth £15 it's not asking much for the amount you get, there are games that give less but ask for more money or the same price.

As for the Update the PS4 version on PS5 in BC was already running in 60fps, but the higher resolution that the PS5 version has can be noticed in some places it's for sure sharper, And it could be me but I think there are more particles than there was in the PS4 version ie leaves pollen, fire embers etc blowing about, And I will say this game has one of the best use of the Duelsense controller not on par with Astro that's yet to be beaten or equaled but it's done very well it's far more than just "rumble" as some have said.

I played for 45 mins and only scratched the surface last night, ticking off just one of the main missions and reached the location to start the next. No way does it look a 4 hour expansion so far.

I am thinking the full game will drop in price quickly, due to a lot of people just upgrading from the PS4 purchase. I dont have it on PS4 so will keep my eye on it for a Sale near Christmas for the PS5 edition as I think this looks great but I dont like Sonys Director Cut approach - Death Standing as well is getting this it seems.

Also, it's a small thing, but the haptics of the horse hooves when galloping coming through the controller feels really good.

I am thinking the full game will drop in price quickly, due to a lot of people just upgrading from the PS4 purchase. I dont have it on PS4 so will keep my eye on it for a Sale near Christmas for the PS5 edition as I think this looks great but I dont like Sonys Director Cut approach - Death Standing as well is getting this it seems.
That for me is the biggest issue with these, the removal of the cheaper PS4 versions so you can only buy the new & more expensive ones (digitally anyway). GoT has been on sale on PSN for £25, Death Stranding for £15 but now even PS4 owners don't get these offers anymore.

Also, it's a small thing, but the haptics of the horse hooves when galloping coming through the controller feels really good.
Monty Python good?

Don't forget about the multiplayer Legends mode either, i really liked it.

Won't be bothering with PS5 or DLC though, as i kinda played GoT to death.

How do you upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version of the standalone game? The only options I could see were to buy the Director's Cut upgrade for £24.99. If you already own the standard PS4 game, how do you get just the PS5 upgrade for £9.99?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom