Ghost Of Tsushima Directors Cut

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Announced moments ago for a 20th August release, features a new Island "Iki" to explore

PS5 features
While Director’s Cut players on both PS4 and PS5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features. We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

• You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.

Starting on August 20:

• If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
  • You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

Additional details about upgrades will be available at Playstation Store closer to launch.

I'm willing to bet the UK price will be £30 to upgrade, which isn't too bad.. I guess, I know I'm going to upgrade it's such a great game, I'm just not sure if what they have added is worth the asking price, I guess it depends on just how much content the other island provides, the other PS5 features should be a Free Upgrade to be honest.

I’m just going to stop buying any Sony games until years down the line when I can buy the super duper edition for a song, I’m hardly going to run out of stuff to play that’s for sure.

Iki Island

If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!

On both platforms, Director’s Cut will also offer new Trophies to unlock for the new Iki content.

Never played the original. Looking forward to this

I don’t mind paying £20 for the expansion, but £10 extra for a PS4 to PS5 upgrade, I don’t like that at all :nono:

Last edited:
I'll pay £30 for the upgrade Inc new area, love this game.

im sorry buy i find this disgusting

ps4 upgrade to ps4 directors cut $20
ps4 upgrade to ps5 directors cut $30
ps4 directors cut upgrade to ps5 directors cut $10

the game is a year old just charge for the DLC all upgrades should be free

OK team we want to sell this to new PS5 owners for full price with that idea in mind work backwards on all the different option prices so it seems......well fair... go.

I only played it last August, so I'm not that bothered about playing it again so soon, even though it's a great game and has new content. I might pick it up eventually if it's in a sale or something.

I returned to this game recently after taking a break and am loving it all over again. It looks stunning and runs very well at 60fps on PS5. I’ve liberated the south of the island, now heading North (for Act 2). I’ll most definitely be upgrading to the Director’s Cut next month. 👺

PSN: CALJO

Last edited:
i already owned this and only just started it when the ps5 was announced so i stopped playing it and will return to it on the ps5 and add this extra bit from the directors cut. wonder how long it is.

I'm willing to bet the UK price will be £30 to upgrade, which isn't too bad.. I guess, I know I'm going to upgrade it's such a great game, I'm just not sure if what they have added is worth the asking price, I guess it depends on just how much content the other island provides, the other PS5 features should be a Free Upgrade to be honest.
if its a 10 hour expansion i will not pay £30 quid for it... will wait until the price falls into the never ending Sony PSN sales.

I've not played this game, and I've heard good things. Just got my PS5 very recently, so I expect I'm in for a treat with this title?

I've not played this game, and I've heard good things. Just got my PS5 very recently, so I expect I'm in for a treat with this title?
For me, it pretty much ticks all the boxes. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Was my game of the year for 2020, enjoyed it more than TLOU2

personally i thought it was a 7/10 game was mainly a clear icons off a map Ubisoft type game outposts etc

main story was ok

personally i thought it was a 7/10 game was mainly a clear icons off a map Ubisoft type game outposts etc

main story was ok
But you didn't have to clear them all to complete the game. Same with Ubisoft games. You don't have to actually collect everything.

I went to the shop for a loaf of bread, experience gets a 1/10 for me as the shop was chocka with loads of other stuff I wasn't interested in. :)

But you didn't have to clear them all to complete the game. Same with Ubisoft games. You don't have to actually collect everything.

I went to the shop for a loaf of bread, experience gets a 1/10 for me as the shop was chocka with loads of other stuff I wasn't interested in. :)
thats why i didnt the main story was ok thats why i gave it a 7/10

sucker punch games usually copy the Ubisoft formula of game design

main story was ok
I didn't think the icon clearing was too bad, certainly not as repetitive as your typical ubisoft game. And the side story missions were brilliant.

There was a dip in quality when you 1st went to the 2nd area (that bit DID have icon overload for a while) but it didn't take long to get over that hump, and by time you got to area 3 and had powered up to become a legend, it was just magical. I'm a huge Samurai movie fan so I'm sure the setting helped me enjoy it more than others too.

Haven't played this as iv been putting it off from buying it until a ps5 version was being made (same for TLOU2) now I will be able to play this game and see how good it really! Hoping for no delays on this though 🤞

One thing's for sure it wont be delayed. It's not like it's a brand new game, and they wouldn't announce a release so close if it wasn't ready to go.

This plays in 60FPS and checkerboard 4K anyway on PS5 right? I'm sure that's what I've been playing recently. Faster loads and haptics are good, but I've got miles to go in this game so the added content isn't needed right now. £30 seems steep.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom