1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost in the shell: standalone complex help please.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Miyazaki, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Can anyone tell me the difference between volume 1 and 2 and the special editions of them.

Will there be more volumes?

2. EGGS

EGGS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the special edtions just contain a cd soundtrack no different extras on the discs aint really worth the extra cash standard editons are fine and yes there will be more volumes theres 4 20 minute episodes on each disc and i imagine it will cover the whole series in the end

3. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Special editions have DTS as well. I've got volume 1 + 2 from DVDSOON and 3 is due out in december.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Cheers for the help lads.

Is it worth waiting until all volumes are released and buying a boxset?

How long would that take?

5. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I thought the non-special editions have DTS also. I can't find much info on the disks except on play.com, and they list it as DTS.

Perhaps you're talking about R1, as I can't find anything about a special edition on R2 at all. Is there only one type of release on R2 ?

As for a box set, it's supposed to be 26 episodes released over 6 or 7 volumes - that could get a bit expensive so I would imagine a box set might be a cheaper option, although personally I couldn't be bothered to wait. I'm going to pop down the highstreet today to get a copy of volume 1. Cheapest in-store price I've seen so far is £17 in Game, as opposed to about £14 online.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

As has been said before, "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex" is out on both Region 1 and Region 2. However, with the Region 2 release, you get 2 discs per volume. Disc 1 has the DD5.1 and DD2.0 versions of the 4 episodes, plus all the extras. Disc 2 has just the DTS soundtrack for the 4 episodes.

The whole series runs to 26 episodes, hence UK releases should cover 6 or 7 discs, approximately. It is unlikely that there will be a UK boxed-set, at least not for a long time. The current release schedule, for the UK, is one volume every two to three months!!!

Could I implore people to please use the SEARCH function on AV Forums, before posting on a topic that's been asked and answered several times before! Thanks! :smashin:

Pooch

7. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I know that after doing a search and reading your thread before I posted here, but I was asking if the Special Edition (or is it Limited Edition ?)which has been mentioned on this thread is only available on R1, as I can't see any mention of it on R2.

Cheers

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi DField2000,

The Limited Edition version of "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex" is a Region 1 only release. In the USA, there are two versions of each volume of this series:

The regular version has just the DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 soundtracks, plus the extras, all on one disc.

The Limited Edition, has the DTS, DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 soundtracks, on one disc, plus a separate gift of some kind, usually a CD soundtrack.

In the UK, on Region 2, you get a mixture of both:
    Disc 1 has the DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 soundtracks, with
    Disc 2, having the DTS soundtracks.

Both discs come in each volume, for all 6/7 volumes of this series.

I hope that clarifies things.

Pooch