• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex Boxset

S

s-bravia

Good deal, Thanks mate. Anyway I seen Ghost in the shell movie version 1 and 2 (The innocent) and just bought this Stand alone complex set. Was thinking of getting
Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig but then might as well just get them after i finish with the stand alone complex set.

The question is what is the difference between stand alone complex set(esp1-26) and 2nd GIG ?? or 2nd GIG just the continue part from Stand alone complex ? ?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 16384

Thanks for that, just ordered. Hopefully the 2nd Gig will be out at a good price soon so I can complete my collection

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I have been tempted by this but, never really liked the first GITS film. I saw the second one and that was a bit wierd. I may pick it up when/if it gets cheaper.

krish

Distinguished Member

krish

Distinguished Member
What is the Hut like? I have been waiting for this to come down in price.
not had any problems ... they had a few (in)famous misprices last year (some honoured, some not) ... are also the outsourced DVD/entertainment etailer for Asda's internet business and possibly others ... they only take your money upon shipping

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
not had any problems ... they had a few (in)famous misprices last year (some honoured, some not) ... are also the outsourced DVD/entertainment etailer for Asda's internet business and possibly others ... they only take your money upon shipping

Thanks.:smashin:

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
It's just a shame that the discs aren't very good quality compared to the U.S release.There's compression artifacts galore, as well as the subs being out of time on the first disc. Manga UK suck in general...

BritBoB

It's just a shame that the discs aren't very good quality compared to the U.S release.There's compression artifacts galore, as well as the subs being out of time on the first disc. Manga UK suck in general...

Thats true with the 1st Gig release from Manga UK but they did a much better job with the 2nd Gig. Great picture and no problems with the subs.

dpstjp

Yes, the series follows on directly from Gig1.

On the issue of lipsync I suppose it depends what you are expecting, given that the series is animated and originally in Japanese, it's less obvious that the sync is out.

I do have to say that the lipsync for the Tachikoma is spot on... ;)

dpstjp

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
On the issue of lipsync I suppose it depends what you are expecting, given that the series is animated and originally in Japanese, it's less obvious that the sync is out.

I do have to say that the lipsync for the Tachikoma is spot on... ;)

dpstjp

I watch a lot of Asian films so, if the subtitles are out of sync then I would know straight away. It sounds like the problem is more than just a bit of Japanese and then a subtitle. If the Japanese is out of sync with the subtitle then I won't listen to it in Japanese.

Alaric

Hi There,

Normaly i cut a show at the credits...ocasionaly something makes me watch longer...and i like the Grr Arg on Joss Weedons stuff.

However with this i hadn't bothered....Until by accident i let it run rather than hitting menu at the credits....and at the end there is a little 30secs-1min animation of the robots things doing stuff....I watched no.5 and checked No.6 and there was a different one....Bit surreal about cowboys !

Anyway. Bonus !

BTW - it says DTS on the back of the box....How do you select it ? TheaterTek i can cycle audio tracks on and i set it to pref DTS anyway, but i've been using my Momitsu, and only jap/eng 5.1 mentioned in the menus !

So far its a great show, not quite as shockingly beautiful as the orig film, but very good for a series. The 3d/computer gen start up is great though.

Ta,
Lee

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
DTS is on disc 2 of the individual releases (not the 7 disc boxset). Disc 1 of each volume has DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 in both English and Japanese.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom