Ghost in the Shell 4k UHD

HELP101

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you no that Ghost in the Shell is up for pre-order at amazon in 4k and at zavvi as a 4k and a 4k steelbook if someone is looking for it hope this helps.

Ordered the 4k version, not that I do 4k yet but I have no interest in 3D

Just a update this picture will have Dolby Vision support as well as HDR 10

Just a update this picture will have Dolby Vision support as well as HDR 10

I know that Dolby Vision was used theatrically, but I have read that the 4K is HDR10 only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that Dolby Vision was used theatrically, but I have read that the 4K is HDR10 only. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah pretty sure it's HDR 10 on the disc

Anyones turn up yet from Wow?

Nope. Got my despatch email last Thursday or something, I think (8 days ago). Still no sign of the disc.

Hoping it arrives over the weekend.

my FF8 was posted on the 11th and turned up on the 20th, when ghost was posted, so my reckoning, its due tomorrow, ,,,,,,,,,,hopefully :)

anyone ordered the 3D as well ?

No sign of mine this morning either - now officially the slowest to arrive from Wow - has anyone else turned up yet?

Interested to know how this looks & if the film is any good ?

It should look very good indeed judging by how the cinema presentation was . Hmm is it any good ? Depends how deep your steeped into the Anime I supose but for me I enjoyed the live action outing and thought it a pretty good stab at such an iconic film. It's not quite as deep as the Anime , oh and how dare they use a western actress in the role ;). Seriously though it should look and sound fantastic and it's not a bad film.

Yeah nothing here either this morning, hopefully sooon:blush:

it looks great but it has quite a muted palette (city shots don't have the neon up to 11!) it's also quite a dark shadowy movie, great atmos too but i don't think it will provide the 4K eye candy that most will be looking for (more colour in the menu than in the movie)
some nice HDR in the explosions/fire!

Mmm these must have been delayed then as no other Wow order has taken this long plus no one seems to have received theirs yet...I wonder how long they will be held up for?

I wonder if Wow have changed to a slower postal service?
I have ordered quite a number of discs over the past few months and I had got used to receiving them in 8-10 days but the last 3 discs have all taken 12-15 days. The last disc to arrive was King Kong and it took the aforementioned 15 days. I had decided to email Wow requesting dispatch clarification the very day the disc fell through our letter box.
This along with the price rises have stopped me from ordering at the moment.

Mmm these must have been delayed then as no other Wow order has taken this long plus no one seems to have received theirs yet...I wonder how long they will be held up for?

Im sure when i was in HMV this weekend they had it down for next Monday?

Amazon Spain come through yet again. F&F 8 ships in a couple of days too...
qhKwnOOl.jpg

P.S. I had a Wow order show up today, that was posted on the 21st.

Wow seem all over the shop with huge unexplained price increases and a sudden slowing in postal delivery.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom