Ghost in the Shell 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Yea this is not great for picture and are you aware cas on the music substitution over the film's closing credits not been the original?
What was the point in doing this?

This is a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid.

Can anyone confirm that the accompanying bluray albeit Region A is remastered as well?

Thanks for review Caz, I thought I'd treat myself and bought the best buy steelbook. I've seen a few mixed reviews of this , so its always good to get your take on it, as a trusted reviewer!

There may be an issue with the English Atmos mix.

Scratch that. It looks like it might be a Kodi/Shield issue although I can't see how. Anyway I've just tried it on my Oppo clone and both tracks play correctly. Trying on my Shield again, everything is fine which is weird becuase I checked multiple times yesterday and the same issue was occurring. I've had some sporadically weird experiences with Atmos so I guess I'll add this to the list.

As for the audio itself, it sounds like they've made a good effort to make it a little more immersive, but the track itself sounds a little frequency starved. It's like a remixed version using the exact same elements as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy today from amazon US for me being a fan of it the music isn’t that much of a deal breaker for 13 quid I’m more than happy looking forward to it with that HDR goodness and Atmos added to boot as usual another great review from @Casimir Harlow

I finally watched the 4k last night and was personally impressed with the video and really impressed by the audio. Absolutely worthwhile having tripple dipped on this one!

I had the dubbed track on and afterwards watched a good 20mins or so with the original Japanese. In the dub I actually quite liked the main leads voice and it was a few of the supporting male cast that grated with me. I preferred the Japanese overall... I'll have to watch it again!

I finally watched the 4k last night and was personally impressed with the video and really impressed by the audio. Absolutely worthwhile having tripple dipped on this one!

I had the dubbed track on and afterwards watched a good 20mins or so with the original Japanese. In the dub I actually quite liked the main leads voice and it was a few of the supporting male cast that grated with me. I preferred the Japanese overall... I'll have to watch it again!
Today I found out about Reincarnation not being in the end credits in my Lionsgate 4k and Mondo blu ray. I am on my way to buying the Japanese one now, so I will be triple-dipping as well.... Hopefully I get a good price haha

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom