• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GH1 story of woe

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Whats the chance of this happening again.

I recently bought myself a GH1 as i'm interested in doing some video and today i had to go into town to pick up a new HD for my images as now i'll have to store a massive amount of data, anyway i took my GH1 with me to experiment with taking pics from a moving car, oh i was the passenger ;)

So i snapped away while we were doing about 30 mph and did some video too, so while i was picking up my HD from PC world i was having a look round the store, my GH1 was slung round my neck swinging about, got back in the car and continued to take pics on thew way home, got home, put my sd card in the reader and all of the images and video from part one of my trip were missing.

I just checked my GH1 and the last menu used was format, i didn't do it so the GH1 must have had a sequence of button presses while it was hanging round my neck, its a lesson i have learnt and i'll never let it happen again.

Now i don't suppose there is any software that can rescue a card after it has been formatted is there.

Mark.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
Not sure how that could have happened, I've had mine nearly a year but despite extensive use that has never occurred.

Try PC inspector file recovery which is free, it's normally fairly easy to recover formatted files but as some of yours will have been overwritten it will be more tricky.

John

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Not sure how that could have happened, I've had mine nearly a year but despite extensive use that has never occurred.

Try PC inspector file recovery which is free, it's normally fairly easy to recover formatted files but as some of yours will have been overwritten it will be more tricky.

John

Its never happened to me either, thanks for the suggestion but it never worked, that prg just found the existing files that i took after the mysterious format.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom