• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GH: Greatest Hits Xbox 360 £24.99 with free guitar

JJBDude

Established Member
How are you getting a free guitar? I don't see anywhere on the page where the guitar is added in too for free?

£25 is not bad but I still think it will go to like £15 within a month or so, I'll wait to buy i think.

omisnad

Established Member
I'm not sure its a misprice, as Game are taking preorders at the same price. :)

Cheers OP. :smashin:

Yeah i saw that (or rather at Gamestation). Which is way i highly doubt Amazon will honour the price. It is a misprice, only its a misprice by the GAME group. Fact is that the PS3 version is £39.99 and the Wii is £29.99. They have probably mixed up the price and given it the PS2 price by mistake. I have preordered many games at GAME which have since gone up and GAME always have honured the cheaper preorder price.

Amazon utilise an automated web search that checks the web daily and matches any price it finds cheaper elsewhere. This happens all the time with Amazon, which is way they are always mispricing items. When GAME put the price up near release date, Amazon will just send out automated emails saying that the item was incorrectly priced and tough luck. I have been stung by this many, many times with toys,games and DVDs.

Best thing to do is as i have done. Preorder at Amazon, but also preoder at GAME as a fallback. If Amazon do honour the price then simply cancel the GAME order or take it back to a GAME store for a refund. ;)

BTW i hate these free guitars ... ive already got 3 of the buggers !!! LOL

Last edited:

TcT Sid

Distinguished Member
How are you getting a free guitar? I don't see anywhere on the page where the guitar is added in too for free?

£25 is not bad but I still think it will go to like £15 within a month or so, I'll wait to buy i think.
They have removed the "free guitar" offer from the page now.

omisnad

Established Member
Yeah i saw that (or rather at Gamestation). Which is way i highly doubt Amazon will honour the price. It is a misprice, only its a misprice by the GAME group. Fact is that the PS3 version is £39.99 and the Wii is £29.99. They have probably mixed up the price and given it the PS2 price by mistake. I have preordered many games at GAME which have since gone up and GAME always have honured the cheaper preorder price.

Amazon utilise an automated web search that checks the web daily and matches any price it finds cheaper elsewhere. This happens all the time with Amazon, which is way they are always mispricing items. When GAME put the price up near release date, Amazon will just send out automated emails saying that the item was incorrectly priced and tough luck. I have been stung by this many, many times with toys,games and DVDs.

Best thing to do is as i have done. Preorder at Amazon, but also preoder at GAME as a fallback. If Amazon do honour the price then simply cancel the GAME order or take it back to a GAME store for a refund. ;)

... I told you guys. GAME have just emailed me :

You may have noticed that the price of Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits on the GAME site has gone up to 39.99 GBP

Please do not worry, your credit / debit card will be charged with the lower amount as originally agreed when you placed the order. This is merely one of the benefits of the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service!

... Theres no way Amazon will dispatch it at £24.99 Lucky i preordered at GAME too just to be safe. :rotfl:

JJBDude

Established Member
This has brought to me the attention of GAME, I never buy from there but now that I know they will honour the price you ordered it at I will look more often at their games in the future.

omisnad

Established Member
This has brought to me the attention of GAME, I never buy from there but now that I know they will honour the price you ordered it at I will look more often at their games in the future.

They have mistakenly had games for preorder (sometimes months in advance) at £15-£18 a number of times and every single time they have honoured what price you preordered at regardless it been a misprice. Each time they send out the same standard email. Same with Gamestation/Gameplay too. Amazon on the other hand .... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I see Amazon are saying that the 'free' Guitar is billed at £18.43. So they might just send the guitar and bill you for it, then cancel the game part of the order or let it sit idle indefinately. I sense a RMA

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom