1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geuine hearing test download?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KoThreads, Oct 29, 2005.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I wont go on about why but does anyone know of an online hearing test which you dont have to sign in for, and that goes beyond 8khz?

All the ones i've Googled for won't go very high. i.e. i can hear them with both ears.

My GP says my ears are clear and it's my age/what i did in my youth, the usual reasons. did the usual click fingers, wrist watch tick, said i'm o.k.

But said slight loss in one ear is normally hard for someone to detect. i told him i noticed it first with my new headphones, turned them around as i thought they were faulty and my left ear still couldn't hear what my right ear could.

So all i want is a test to hear the difference between ears, and to see if it gets worse.

cheers.

2. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    That examination sounds quite detailed and scientific! Either find a GP who can perform his/her own audiometry (yes ,they do exist) or request your GP refers you to your local ENT department for assessment there.The bad news is that it's most likely to be noise induced high frequency loss which you probably have to live with.Don't go down the private route,you'll probably end up buying a hearing aid whether you need one or not!
    Regards
    Ian

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Found a frequency generator and tried it with me sennis, much as i expected my left ear is down compared to my right (turning headphones around just in case one driver was better than the other). i'll phone the ENT at the hospital on Monday but i doubt they'll worry as at my age (nearly 47) as my left is roughly at 14350 while my right is around 16500. is it worth me upgrading my hi-fi in the future?

4. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    when you have had a proper test you should know what frequenceis your having trouble with and then you can boost them on your amp, and its also another excuse for having it turned up loud.

5. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I'm afraid it's probably my past, a huge load of concerts between the age of 14 and 35, and the volume i've had the hi-fi at (i used to live next door to a deaf couple so they didn't care), and my walkmans, for all these years that is the main reason for the damage anyway.