1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting vx10 right for dvd and music ,to much boom

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, Jun 10, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all untill recently had 3802 reset to factory settings zero for fronts etc, speakers small with sub,crossover amp and ax10 at 80hz,volume on sub just past vertical (on amp sub volume zero)

this setting is ok with cds/music. but not much oomph with dvds.

decided to set up with spl, test tone for sub at -75db has upped from zero on amp to +8db , more ooomph with dvds (opening scenes of lotr) but now to ott with music,

any advice on this welcome thanks all

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    The Denon will let you store different subwoofer channel settings for several modes but it will class Dolby/DTS/PL2/DTS Neo as one mode. If you are using STEREO you adjust the SW level to whatever you want (-12 to +12). You can do the same for the DIRECT mode but this doesn't use bass management and just passes a full range signal to the fronts with the SW level active as well (you can switch this OFF if you want).

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    listen to music on a seperate channel and configure this to the sub volumes you are happy with. Ie set DVD source to +8db and cd source to 0 or whatever your comfortable with. Are you using the cdp dac or are you using the 3802 to process the signal from the cdp?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you have LOTR region 1 it may not be the best test disc anyway as the bass is very OTT

5. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks all i see what you are suggesting.

cd /tuner in direct/sterio set amp level for sub ie zero adjust sub controls to suite and be intergrated with fronts for music use.

for dvd /pl2 use if not enough oomph adjust amps sub volume to say +4db or to suite. and leave sub controls in same position wether av or music.

6. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too have the vx 10, i only have the volume half way, my denon 1802 has all the spakers at small and the crossover on the sub is 100.i have had a good running in period and feel the sub is improving all the time.