Getting videos onto PSP from mac

blackpants

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Please help me. I am trying to put some DVDs onto my PSP. I have firmware ver3.30 and running an Apple laptop with osX 10.4.9. I have tried to rip from DVD using MediaFork but when I transfer the file to PSP it says unsupported data.

I have observed the naming conventions to the letter and am a bit lost as to what to do next. Anyone able to help??

Thanks,

I have done both but still no joy. I can't quite work it out.

Any one else had this problem?

you will have to rip your dvd first with mactheripper and then use to handbrake to convert to .mp4. As far as i am aware handbrake will not remove any protection on a dvd.

you will have to rip your dvd first with mactheripper and then use to handbrake to convert to .mp4. As far as i am aware handbrake will not remove any protection on a dvd.

mate I have already copied movies via mac the ripper and also handbrake to convert to mp4 but i have no ideal how to get them on the psp.

you'll need to create a new directory in the root folder of your memory stick called "MP_ROOT." You'll then need to create a "100MNV01" directory inside the MP_ROOT directory. You'll put your video files in this 100MNV01 directory.

you'll need to create a new directory in the root folder of your memory stick called "MP_ROOT." You'll then need to create a "100MNV01" directory inside the MP_ROOT directory. You'll put your video files in this 100MNV01 directory.

Sorry to be a pain, I did what you said and threw a couple of mpeg4 movies on to the psp. It looked as though it took up the space on the psp but I could find nothing on the music or video files on the psp.
I also have a strange problem when I connect the psp i-photo launches, I dont have a clue why?

Also when listening to the music through my own earphones the volume levels are very low even when it is at max, any ideals about this one?

Thanks

you have to make sure the MP_ROOT etc are in the right place.
also might be better trying Instant Handbrake Here Its a simplified version that lets you select ipod/psp then click convert, no settings to mess with

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom