1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting very desperate?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mulder, Dec 29, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    can someone help? after a problem with my operating system i've had to re-install everything but I cannot install my Sony TRV19 properly all that happens is the microsoft dv camera installs and my TRV19 has an explanation mark next to it. I have tried everything but I just don't know what to do next.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Which version of Windows are you running?
    If you have the first version of Win98 then you need to download a patch from MS to allow the use of USB & Firewire ports as these were not origionally supported and would have been lost in the reinstall.
    I would suggest going to the MS site and getting all updates for your OS anyway just to make sure everything is as uptodate and protected as possible.

Mark.

3. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    MarkE19, I,m running Windows 98 se

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If you unplug the cam does the firewire port have the yellow '!' next to it? If it does then the fault is probably with the firewire card (assuming the firewire is on a card and not onboard the mobo). I would suggest you move it to another PCI slot and reboot PC (or just reseat the card might work).
    If the '!' has dissapeared when the cam & cable are unplugged then I would suggest you get a replacement firewire cable.

Mark.

5. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Other things to check for are conflicts with other devices. I had my firewire card conflict with my Video capture card. I swapped the 2 around in the PCI slots & it all worked .

Also using Windows XP, it wouldn't pick my firewire card up correctly. After spending days messing about I found some advice to upgrade to Service Pack1, which I did & hey presto it all worked !! This backs up Marks comments below re patches etc.

Don't you just love Microsoft :devil:

6. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the help guys it seems as if there is some issues with some Sony camcorders and windows 98.Apparently they are issues concerning the drivers for Sony camcorders not installing or dissapearing. There are a couple of patches that I downloaded from MS website but it didn't solve the problem,
    I have solved the problem though I have upgraded to XP as I was going to eventually. thanks for the help anyway!!