Getting universal samsung remote to work with freeview box?

kikilove

Standard Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get my Samsung universal TV remote to work with my set top box. It has a TV, STB, VCR, Cable and DVD setting but it just won't work with my Bush freeview box. It is this remote http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN59-00462A.aspx?model=.

I am not sure of the model it says there, but all the information is on that page about my remote!
My Bush settop box is the Bush STB202X12.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I didn't know that Samsung made universal remotes.
What model is it and what model is the receiver?

Ah, I see, thanks for the link, it's a remote for a specific range of TVs, not a universal remote.
As it can be made to control "set top boxes" that would be the option to select for a Freeview receiver, but it's a US model and Freeview is a UK thing.

Ah, I see, thanks for the link, it's a remote for a specific range of TVs, not a universal remote.
As it can be made to control "set top boxes" that would be the option to select for a Freeview receiver, but it's a US model and Freeview is a UK thing.

Oh I see. So if I bought a true 'universal remote', would I be able to operate my TV, DVD player and freeview box with it? Would I be able to get into the menu(s) etc with it like with the original remote?

Yes, that's what they do - anything that the original remotes can do, all in one.

Could you suggest to me a descent universal remote that will control all of the TV's functions (not just volume etc), all the DVD players functions (including opening the CD tray, programing etc) and my set top freeview box? There are so many out there on the market...

And thankyou for your replies, you're being v helpful :)

:blush:

That's OK, and it's a pleasure.

All universal remotes can send all the commands that the original remotes can send.
Some of them do this be being in effect the original remotes in turn, one at a time.
The Harmony range and some others act like combinations of several devices, with the commands for such things as controlling volume or playing DVD on the appropriate groups of buttons without having to change from being one remote to being the others, and for each combination they automatically turn on the devices and set their inputs.
All the current UK models of Harmony are listed here: Harmony Remotes and you can compare the basic details of all the models here: Comparisons of Logitech's Harmony Remote Models.

Last edited:
That's a pleasure - and feel free to ask if anything else comes up - Logi.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom