1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting undamaged boxes?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by JayBee, Nov 13, 2004.

1. JayBee

JayBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently ordered a number of DVDs from Play, and as seems to be increasingly the case with them, they all had some degree of damage to the cases.

Can anyone recommend a good on-line shop that seems to take greater care over the quality of their goods? I normally order R2 discs, but I'm open to suggestions of sites that sell R1 DVDs as well.

Thanks

2. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I dont have this problem with Play to be fair mate... The problem I find with most retailers is that the disc falls off the holder thing and is rattling around inside - but this is probably more the suppliers fault...

I received 15 discs from Play this week and all the boxes were in tip top condition...

You can buy replacement cases from www.svp.co.uk - Amaray cases are 20p a go - cheaper ones are 11p

I appreciate that you should not have to do this with a new dvd but just thought I'd mention it...

3. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always complain to play. They may well send you another case? No harm in trying.

4. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    never had a problem with play.
    on the other hand, my starwars dvd trilogy from amazon.co.uk had a damaged box.
    oh well, it was cheaper than elsewhere too.

5. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've had no problems with Play BUT if you are finding that boxes are getting damaged in transit contact them about it.

If they never get to hear about such issues, they can't do anything to improve.

6. JayBee

JayBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just having a run of bad luck as far as their delivery is concerned. Just seems like the last few deliveries have had slightly crushed corners or something - which is a pain on custom packs.

7. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It's getting more of a problem as the number of cardboard sleeved DVDs increases. Not the the slip case type, but the whole packaging. Case in point is Simpsons series 4, which I got from Play last week. Case is a little crumpled, not enough to get really excited, but enough to irritate. As it's going to dissapear into my kids bedrooms for weeks at a time, I've chosen not to complain.

The same thing is true about Cd cases. I recently recived two Television albums from the US, both in "special edition" cardborad sleeves, which did not survive the delivery as well as a standard plastic case would have done. Incidentally the damage to one of them was caused by the shrinkwrapping at the manufacturer, which crushed/creased the cardboard spine, rather than anything that happened in transit.

The only way to get anything done is to complain.

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,184
    I had this only last tuesday with my Red Dwarf Series 5 Gift Set from Play.com which was in terrible condition because they had sent it in a bubble wrap envelope. If they started to send Boxsets in cardboard boxes it would solve alot of problems, envelopes are fine for standard DVDs but not Boxsets.

Also, I recieved my Quantum Leap Season 1 Boxset from Play on Friday and it looks like it has been squeezed as the sides have started to fold and it doesnt look nice at all but if I was to send it back I would probaley recieve another in the same condition or worse so what is the point.

9. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Having recently received the Pink Panther film collection from a certain etailer with some damage to the box received in transit I can sympathise. I don't normally buy box sets other than from local retail outlets because of this problem but this time I thought I'd buy over the internet. Yes I have complained in the past but they are not listening so I am going to go elsewhere.

If the etailers want our business they're going to have to change the way they pack box sets. It's not reasonable to receive damaged goods just because they're cheaper. I will be buying my box sets locally again from now on until I hear of some improvement.