Getting through to ebay

Had a problem logging in and now it's locked out, phoning ebay- 90 minutes wait!

I can log in, but I cannot change password- doing so it stops me there. Is there anyway of unmasking the hidden/blanked out password during login, so once I'm logged in I know my old password and then change it?

blue max

Distinguished Member
Had a problem logging in and now it's locked out, phoning ebay- 90 minutes wait!

I can log in, but I cannot change password- doing so it stops me there. Is there anyway of unmasking the hidden/blanked out password during login, so once I'm logged in I know my old password and then change it?
Are you on a mac?

No, PC.

IronGiant

Can you check in your account what email address it is registered to (just in case that has changed) and if it's one of yours just tick the I forgot my password box when accessing PayPal on a different device?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
So I presume that your password is saved in your browser so you can log in automatically? If you're using Firefox you can see saved passwords under Options > Security > Saved Passwords > Show Passwords. I believe you can do similar in Chrome by entering the address "chrome://settings/passwords".

cheers that's done it.

qwerty321

Glad I asked!

On a mac, you can look at your 'keychain access' utility which stores all such data. Perhaps there is some registry similar on a pc. Might be worth googling.
LastPass is one which is universal. If you go for the premium service, you can also use it on mobile devices.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom