1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the best out of your Sharp

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dogastus, Jan 21, 2005.

1. dogastus

Jan 24, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Newbury, England
    I've had my Sharp 26GA4E for a couple of weeks now and thought I would share my observations.

IMHO you don't get very good results from this set from either the built-in tuner or by feeding it with normal 625 line interlaced (PAL) even using RGB from a STB. I think the internal de-interlacer lets this set down in a big way.

However, if you can arrange a feed of progressive video, it is a different story. I have only, at present got the means to feed progressive into the set by using a DVI connection from my computer. For off-air (Freeview) I use a Nebula Electronics TV card and this works really well. For DVD playback I use PowerDVD and I get excellent results from that too. As I said in another thread, playing WMVHD at 720P will give you amazing results.

I just wanted people to not buy this set and be dissappointed - fed with the right source and it's brilliant! :clap: