1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the best audio - Musical Fidelity XDAC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pootle, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Pootle

Pootle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm currently using a revo sound card plugged into Naim / Quad power amps with B&W Nautilus speakers, but I know the sound isn't as good as it could be.

I use winamp / monkeys audio to play CD's

I thinking of using digital stereo out from the sound card into a Musical Fidelity XDAC V3 as it looks like ti will really improve things, but it will only work for the front stereo pair.

Anyone know how I can get the other channels out as digital stereo pairs as well for DD / DTS playback?

2. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You could get a lynx 2b sound card (that has 6 analogue outputs for 5.1) which can be imported from the usa for about £600 due to the weak dollar although it maybe a little more/less. This is a professional audio card using balanced interconnects which will give amazing audio performance and will allow you to use the pc as the audio processor for dd/dts. Someone recently sold one of the new lexicon processors because they thought the pc/quality combo soundcard sounded better using the theatretek advanced audio pack, cant remember who it was though. Simply add a couple of xlr to phono cables from mark grant to feed your power amp and that would give you a serious jump in performance for stereo and hc.

Just to add though the solution would probably not be as easy to set up or as user friendly as adding the dac but with a bit of work would give you serious value for money IMHO.

Heres the info on it http://www.lynxstudio.com/lynxtwo.html