Getting surround sound with ps3

roxy09

Standard Member
Hi, a girl here so be gentle no idea what all the diff cables ar called lol

I have changed my dvd/surround sound to a Sony dav DZ230 and it doesnt have the connectors i used to use (yellow white etc) and only 1 HDMI socket
How can i connect my PS3 to it to get sound as the tv sound is pants??

I have a 50" samsung ps50q97hdx on wall, obviously a Ps3 just used for dvd's, and a Sky HD box

thanks

ows90

It's not the most ideal system, as it doesn't have a digital audio input; however, to get sound from the TV to it (which includes PS3 and Sky HD), you'll need a SCART adapter and a stereo phono cable. Connect the phono cable to the AUDIO OUT jacks on the back of the TV, and the other end to the SCART adapter with its switch set to 'IN', to the back of the home cinema. Then press FUNCTION on the home cinema remote such that 'TV' appears on the display.

You don't mention if you are using a HDMI cable for the PS3 to the TV, as they don't provide one in the box.
btw, that yellow composite video connection is the lowest quality connection, and is best avoided.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom