Getting surrond sound from dav550 via sky box?

A

ami

Hi,

Ive got a Pace sky box one of the early ones, when you had to pay for the box :( , im trying to connect it with my new dav550 so i can get dolby surround out of tv broadcasts, the tv is a fq70.

Ive got a svideo to scart with 2 phonos lead, which i have connected, ive put the two phonos in the pace box and get nothing, via the video1 or video2 in the DVD settings, i cant use the video as it does not have any phonos.

Where am i going wrong?

Check the SCART output on the TV that you have the SCART lead plugged into is an IN/OUT connector as opposed to just input. AV1 is usually IN/OUT. Also, are you sure the phonos in the Pace box are inputs. (Is it one of the MSS1000 series that had built in prologic amp etc?)

Certainly on all my sky boxes the red and white audio connectors are outputs not inputs.

Hmmm... I can't say I totally understand what you've done... but here's what I would do :)

1) Connect DAVS550 to your TV with an S-Video to scart lead. Both AV1, and AV2 will accept an S-video signal on the FQ sets IIRC.

2) Get a bog standard interconnect (or whatever you choose to use!), and connect it between the phono OUTPUTS on the back of your TV, to the phono INPUTS of either video 1, or video 2 on the DAV :)

Bob's yer Uncle! ;) When watching a DVD just select the relevant AV channel on your TV and crank up the DAV, and when you want to have TV sound via your speakers, then select either video 1, or 2 (whatever you choose to use) and whatever source you're watching (Sky/VCR/Terrestrial) will playback in glorious PLII :D

K.

I connected a sytem similar to yours for a friend recently. Becuase SCART sockets are limited, what I did was as follows.

Get a cable made up from someone like cable-shop.co.uk (I got a custom Ixos 126AV) so that it has S-Video to Scart (i.e. from your Sony DAVS550 to TV) and a 2 RCA stereo audio (TV to DAVS550).

That way whatever you are watching on your TV will have it's sound coming through your SONY DAVS.

Alternatively, connect a SCART to S-Video + 2 RCA Steroe audio cable from your PACE box to your DAVS. The 2 Phono sockets on the back of your PACE box will definitely be outputs, not inputs, but as you state the DVS does not have phono inputs, so you can't use these.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom