Getting sound from TV to amp

Navrig

I've not been on here for a while because real life interfered with keyboard life.

I have a Denon 1910 Amp connected to a Toshiba 42" tv. I did a full install a few years ago - TV on wall, cables up into loft and down the walls and then connected to speakers with all the cables routed back to the amp in the corner of the room.

Then my missus decided we needed to paint the room so I had to disconnect everything. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get sound back from the TV to the amp and there has been a long gap between the initial install I can't remember why or workout why.

I have phono plugs running from the TV into the loft and down the amp. They are connected to the SAT/CBL phono conections. The aerial signal goes straight to the TV (not through the amp or DVD).

Any suggestions on how I get this working again?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Sounds silly but you have connected the phono cables to the output on the tv and not an input? Can see no reason it would not work so double check the cabling.

Navrig

I don't think that is the problem as I have not disconnected the phonos at the TV end since I did the initial install.

But, that said, a good point and worth a check (if I can get behind the TV which is at shoulder height.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Then make sure you have connected them to the right input on the receiver. Also make sure the receiver is looking at the phono input and not the digital inputs. Check manual on how to do it. Often there is either an input button or you press the input selection button a few times.

Navrig

Sorted. Typically, user error.

I had labelled on the cable ends but had mixed up the PC phono with the TV phono.

What a numpty!

Thanks for your suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom