1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Sound Captured With Video Capture Card

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Garrett, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,493
    I have just got a Pinnacle Studio AV/DV capture card and hooked up my camcorder, to the card and my sound to the sound input on my sound card via the lead they sent me (2 phones to a stereo jack plug).
    When I start recording, the video I’m capturing is shown but I can here no sound also on playback there is no sound. Does anybody have any idea why the sound is not being inputted and recorded?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,493
    I have just tried in the Capture Source Audio section for it to source sound from both Auxiliary and Wave instead of Line –Input and I now can here sound but not on playback. :(

3. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi

Trying checking the settings in "Sound, Speech and Audio Devices" which can be found in the Windows Control Panel if you are using XP.

For some reason on my system, Windows mutes all inputs and outputs so I have to manually enable the sound on the line in and, wave inputs aswell the master volume.

Iain.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,493
    Yes I did checked them and the line–in was on mute in Play Control.
    I have just tried my sound recorder in windows and that is not recording anything although I can here it when I play anything but I think it is just going straight through to the amp and not going into the computer, So it could be a fault on the computer side rather than the card.