1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting SonicStage to notice deleted tracks?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by djpowell, Aug 27, 2005.

1. djpowell

djpowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I move or delete some tracks from Windows Explorer, then I can run SonicStage's "File | Import | Scan for files" command, but this only recognises new files. Is there any way to purge the deleted files out of it database without hunting them down and deleting them one-by-one?

On a similar note, is there any way to delete files from the HD5 that have been removed from SonicStage's library, without tracking them down manually?

--
    Dave

2. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think you can do either of these things. It all has to be done manually, I'm afraid, as far as I know.

Andrew

3. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't feel bad. I can't get SonicStage to recognize anything, including my empty HD5.......

4. djpowell

djpowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I'd done some extensive reorganizing of my MP3 collection, so I decided that it would probably be quickest just to start again from scratch. I removed all the tracks from SonicStage's library, reinitialised the player from SonicStage, uninstalled SonicStage, uninstalled all of the OpenMG stuff, and went into Device Manager, in "Devices by connection" view, and uninstalled the three drivers (in bottom-up order), restarting in between as necessary.

Then I reinstalled everything from CD, without connecting the device, and then I installed the Connect Europe version of SonicStage (3.1) from the Connect website link in SonicStage.

Anyway, what is scary is that SonicStage managed to import about 2000 mp3s into its library after this, and transfered them all to my HD5 without crashing once! My previous experience was that it crashed randomly and required about 10 goes to transfer the files. Originally I connected the device before installing the drivers, I wonder if this caused a problem? Anyway, I don't know what I did, but SonicStage hasn't crashed since I did it. Hopefully it'll stay like this...

5. Anonyrat

Anonyrat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lesson: I like this

If you want to move files then move them 1 album at a time.
    e.g. You have 10 mp3's in E:Sonicstage/MP3/Pop/Red Alert 1 and you want to reorganise this to E:Sonicstage/MP3/Techno/Red Alert 1
    1) Use explorer to MOVE the folder.
    2) Then in SS go into that album and play the first song
    3) It will come up with a message - you can either enter the new location via browse or let it automatically find the files.

I haven't deleted any MP3's yet but you could do something similar. Delete folder in explorer and then in SS select the album and click on the delete icon (bottom left)