1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting SKY+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by swilt1, May 31, 2005.

1. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have been a sky customer since the days they merged with BSB. I am now interested in upgrading to SKY+ but they appear to be stinging exsisting customer charging £150 and only £99 for new customers. Now I dont mind paying but its principle!!. Does any one know how I can get it at £99. I am currently out of contract with them, but they say even if I cancel then restart it will be £150. So do u think I could cancel it then my Wife took contract out with them? As that would be a complete new customer and for all they know I could have left her (if only) :rolleyes:

2. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooopss just seen it is £99 for exsisting customers, bugger! Problem is I have no need at all for multi room.

3. hotlava

hotlava
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was in the same boat as you, wanted to upgrade to Sky+ after many years but couldn't get a deal the same as the new customers.

So I cancelled my sub.

If they're not prepared to give existing customers the same deal then I'm not interested, I thought the only way I could show my disapproval was to cancel.

4. nav

nav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too asked to be put through to cancellations department,where i was then asked if i wanted sky plus for £49 fitted,with no multi room etc,the box will be a reconditioned one but with 12 months warrenty etc,so i went for it ,its being fitted tomorrow

5. scoobydude

scoobydude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :thumbsup: Nav's wright I went down the threatening to cancel if they couldn't come up with a good deal on sky+ ,told them I only have one tv in the house so multi room was no good for me and was offered the £49 with free instillation deal. Phoned last Thursday and it was fitted Saturday. You'll get the old pace box which is silver and black but it look's better sitting under the Tosh 32. :smashin:
    Well happy Scoobydude

6. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    hmm I dunno, i feel in an awkward position, as a person who doesnt have SKY but does want to have it im taking the plunge.

Currently I have an NTL 2meg cable modem £24.99 and just normal analogue telly£0.

so thats £24.99 total a month

now I have to get a frickin phoneline £10.50(Didnt before as I have a mobile)
    2MB BT Broadband £24.99
    Sky Plus £19.50(Must have SKY1 and DISC) +£10sub
    so its jumped from £24.99 a month to £64.99 a month plus £89 for the box just so I can have sky plus and getting rid of ntl who have ****** me off

man I feel like i been bent over a bed of nails and *******ed

7. hotlava

hotlava
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't get offered the same as nav and scooby, the cheapest they would let me have it for was £149 with free installation. I phoned them about a month ago so perhaps their policy has now changed ??

8. gsxr750steve

gsxr750steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, I called them today (Thurs 2nd June) and just asked to be put straight through to Cancellations, which they did - no questions.

I told cancellations that I wanted Sky+, but wasn't happy with the price I'd been quoted, so wanted to cancel and I would go to Freeview and a DVD Recorder.

He asked what price I'd been given - I said the standard £199 plus £60 installation. Although I'd seen the Multiroom offer I didn't have a second TV so it wasn't any good for me.

He went off for about a minute and came back with the £49 refurbished offer....

£49 for a refurbished Sky+ box, £0 for installation, and then the standard £10 per month subscription. Minimum 12month contract for the Sky+ subscription.

So, that saved me £209 (£149 for the box and £60 for the install) - the best 5 minutes I've spent in a long time!!!!!

Being installed on the 14th June.

9. scoobydude

scoobydude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :thumbsup: Nice one ,now you can spend more time on the bike :smashin:

10. branny

branny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Well I'm getting nowhere slow with this and there is no way I am paying them for the packages that htey are advertising.

Any idea (oither than ebay) where we could buy refurb plus boxes?

Cheers
    Branny

11. branny

branny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Right

After much pissing about, here's the key to this.

The direct number for the dept dealing with the refurb offer is, 0870 5488485.

No other sky dept wil lgive you this.

After some jovial debate with the dept about how I had obtained this number, he asked me for the magic word to question, 'are you thinking of cancelling, the answer being 'yes'. (I actually said I am not thinking about it, I would cancel if I did not get the box).

Job done. £49 all in, no extra subs (we have the top package) and being fitted on 13 June. :clap: :D

Flood the lines!!!

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=223&Thread=446376&Type=1&Page=3

Cheers
    Branny

12. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Called this number

The direct number for the dept dealing with the refurb offer is, 0870 5488485.

After some jovial debate with the dept about how I had obtained this number, he asked me for the magic word to question, 'are you thinking of cancelling, the answer being 'yes'. (I actually said I am not thinking about it, I would cancel if I did not get the box).

Job done. £49 all in, no extra subs (we have the top package) and being fitted on 13 June. :clap: :D

Flood the lines!!!

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=223&Thread=446376&Type=1&Page=3

Cheers
    Branny[/QUOTE]

Thanks man was going topay the 99.00 and the extra £10pm for extra room
    so got no extra £10.00 per month and sky+ but have to wait a month for
    install :clap: who give a fudge about waiting for a month if you get it for £49

13. kopite77

kopite77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Work this one out, I phoned Sky two weeks ago to get my standard digi box in my Sky+ multiroom changed for another Sky+ box, thinking I could get it for the advertised £99, but I was informed it would cost me £199 + £50 for installation, because I already had multiroom so I graciously declined their their kind offer! ;)

Yesterday I called Sky again to try my luck, but I was told again that it would cost me £249, again I declined their offer then the nice lady informed me if I wanted I could have two brand new Sky+ boxes for £198 including installation, the lady then said I could take the two boxes and sell either my old or one of my new Sky+ boxes on ebay, so I promptly booked an installation for this Sunday. I've decided to keep my existing Amstrad Sky+ box because it is upgraded with a 200gb drive, and it hasn't caused me too many problems. :clap:

Regards,

Ian.

14. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    So my situation. I have Sky+ and a multiroom box we want both to be sky + but we have 5 months to run on the multiroom subs i think.

Thefor i can't cancel multiroom and order the sky+ multiroom deal.

The only option I see is to cancel temporarly and resubscribe to get the deal However are they likly to offer me that deal if i threten to cancel ( and i probably will if they don't) thefor saving me going without sky ???

15. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Why don't you ask them ? They can only say no, but they might offer you a deal ?

16. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Oh well, tried it, say i was gonna cancel to cancel my multi room deal to get a new sub and new £99 multi room sky+ and guess what they offered me?? yep, i snatched that referbe deal straight away.

17. angelofdarkness

angelofdarkness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had sky + fitted for £99 from ideal home exhibition with new box and second box for £139 i have also been offered this deal in the mobile units they have in town centres

18. roriboy

roriboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this thread!

Getting my £49 sky+ box installed in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Where is the cheapest place to buy a couple of spare remotes?

19. rocallag

rocallag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No joy for me. I tried and tried and in the end cancelled with sky. They would only offer me one with the multiroom, no use to me at all. Looks like I'm off to find a freeview box with twin recorder. Anyone know a good one?

Rob.

20. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Topfield 5800PVR. See www.toppy.org.uk . About as good a twin tuner freeview PVR as you can get at the mo (not cheap though)

Andy