1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting SKY+ twice

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dUnKle, Jun 12, 2004.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Having found out that the cause for my bad picture on my new Plasma is TiVO it looks like SKY+ is on cards

We have two Sky boxes in the house using the second sub option

Dads downstairs and mine upstairs

Dad pays for the FULL package and I pay the extra

We both want Sky+ whats the best option and how do we go about getting it

Have seen that non Sky customers can get cheap deals (some being offered free Sky for six months)

dont really see it as fair that two Sky customers of 10 years or more get penalised by paying full whack

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    From reading posts from TIVO owners I've got the impression that the "best" recording option is pretty darn close to the original broadcast quality. I assume that you are seeing an obvious difference in PQ when feeding the Plasma directly from the digibox instead of the TIVO?

If you already have a Quad LNB then you can buy SKY+ from a dealer or auction site, you will only need to add another two cables and then ring SKY to marry the cards.
    As for going through SKY they are offering a deal but only to new subscribers or those wanting to relocate the existing digibox but you've already done that.

It's common practice across many services to offer "incentives" to new and/or returning customers, you could always ring them and make enquires about prices and then ask to cancel if you are not happy, they may choose to make you an offer.

3. JiMbOb_74

JiMbOb_74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I would mention that having owned a tivo previously and now having SKY+. The picture on the Tivo is not a patch on a Sky+ recording.The tivo records the picture and Sky+ records the original data stream containing the picture. On a decent plasma this is very very obvious. Sell your Tivo on Ebay(some pay over 200 for a tidy one..I sold mine for 240)

Sky are also (where...) offering SKY+ as a pay on your bill system. Eg you pay 20 a month till you have paid the 200 off if thats a help.

I have my Sky+ running through into a component adaptor and then through my Denon 3802 into my pana 42" and the picture is excellent. Best thing I ever did was let tivo go.....

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    thanks mate
    looks like its going to be Sky+ then

some people think im mad saying they have never known this problem, whilst other (us included) have it

sad but true