1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting sky+ tomorrow!!!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jelly, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    seems like an eternity ive been waiting, but im getting it tomorrow, little bit nervous as weve skinted ourselves to get it, but im like a little kid at chrimbo will report in in the morning!!!!!! :clap:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The optimism of innocence:)

Looking forward to your thoughts and I hope you get decent installers and everything goes smoothly.

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    one tip....

dont sign the worksheet until Your entirely happy with the install... i had a girl on the phone at sky laugh at me cause my wife signed ours even though the install was a botch job... lnb fell down...

my installers are due back sat week to fix ours and i'm going to make darn sure everything is working before i sign anything...

look at the wiring on the lnb on the dish.. sit down and watch some channels... sky movies/ sports / bbc for a few minutes... record some - pause/ rewind... mess with the system... put into stand by make sure it comes back on straight away..

its probably overkill but if like me your waiting on the 3rd attempt for sky to get it right then its worth spending some time checking things out before signing the work sheet...

hope the install goes well

cheers,
    mick

4. Freddyboy

Freddyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I on the other hand have hd no problems whatsoever with my Sky+ system, or the install,or anything, and I love it. So will you.

5. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sky + is a dream come true for us telly addicts. series link and the live rewind buffer are the best things on this

6. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hes here
    amstrad box!!!!!
    looking good t minus 40minutes...39

7. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    all done looks pretty sweet!!!1st class job on the install !! slight hum from the box (not audible over tv) impressed so far how do i see what is recorded/ delete whats on the hdd after viewing???

8. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    tv guide button, option 0

9. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    thanx dude

10. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    pretty sweet all round!!
    love it already box seems fine(touch wood) the instaler and i was chatting (actualy me tring to bribe him to give me a pace box) and he told me that he hasnt seen a pace box for around 4 months the reason being that sky has a deal to take receipt of so many amstrad boxes (cos they were getting em cheap as they were buying so many) so he said that there proberley not going to get any more independant suppliers have a few but my box is ok so fingers crossed!! and me and the missus are moving house so ill have to get my sky installed at a different house!!!!!

11. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know how you feel. Had Sky+ for just over 3 weeks and even though I've had some problems, it's the way TV should be!! You'll never forget the first time you miss the start of a live program and rewind back to the beginning!! :thumbsup:

I had my Amstrad box swapped out today for a Pace box as I have had 2 failed recordings, problems with time lag and loss of listings...got fed up switching it off and on to sort it. Fingers crossed the Pace will behave itself, and good luck to you with your Amstrad :smashin: .

12. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    well ive had a few days with my sky taped a few things played back fine dd on the movie channels are fine i am getting faint lines running down the screen tho not too noticable but will keep an eye on them!!